Unreal Engine 3 Powered 'Dungeon Defenders' Arriving Soon

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dungeon_Defenders.png

You know high-tech gaming has arrived on smartphones when you see games powered by the Unreal Engine 3. Coming December 23rd we will get to see a new one. The "tower-defense" game 'Dungeon Defenders: First Wave' will be available and it looks pretty impressive. It has multi-player and even co-op modes, so you can game with your friends. The game also has on and off-line campaign mode, challenge missions, and a Leaderboard.

It also has some pretty steep requirements to run. It needs the following specs in a phone: 512 MB RAM, GPU capable of OpenGL ES 2.0, Android 2.1 Eclair, 800 Mhz CPU or greater recommended, SD card with at least 400 MB free storage. Pretty steep, but then again, it is the Unreal Engine 3 we are talking about. That's the same game engine used in the 'Gears of War' series on the PC and XBOX360.

Here is a current list of Android smartphones that have been tested for compatibility:
  • All Tegra 2 Based Devices: Fully Compatible
  • Nexus S: Fully Compatible
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab: Fully Compatible
  • Samsung Galaxy based Cell Phones: Fully Compatible on all with 100 MB RAM free
  • Droid 2: Fully Compatible
  • Droid X: Fully Compatible
  • HTC Evo 4G: Fully Compatible
  • HTC Incredible: Fully Compatible
  • myTouch 4G: Mostly compatible, have some occasional stability issue
  • T-Mobile G2: Fully compatible
  • Dell Streak: Fully compatible
  • HTC Desire: Fully compatible
  • Nexus One: Fully compatible
When it first hits the market in just a few days it will be available for $2.99. Check out the game-play video below:
[video=youtube;BeyQ-PC_cwc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeyQ-PC_cwc[/video]

Source: Androidcentral
by dgstorm

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Personally it looks like a phone screen would get a tad crowded; this would probably be a lot more enjoyable on a tablet.

Varking

Reaction score
It is more enjoyable on a Tablet but it is most enjoyable on a PS3 or XBox 360. They had to remove things in order to play it on a mobile device that will show up on the computer or console.

Reaction score
I'm pumped for this! I'm a big fan of Pocket Legends, so this should be fun also! Just checked and it's not out yet, but I'll keep checking! :D

Reaction score
I keep checking the market, but nothing. :( I hope it really does come out today. Also, I checked the site and there was no information about it being on the the Android Market. :?

I hope we didn't get some false information about it truly being released on the 23rd.

Varking

Reaction score
Check around 3 pm. They tweeted it would be out Thursday last night so get ready
Around 1 am they said they are looking at going live in 12 to 13 hours. Just check back in a bit.

Rhino413

Reaction score
Is that 3pm est or pst or mst? ???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Rhino413

Reaction score
Well just checked market and its still a no show.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Varking

Reaction score
Do you read the official forums? Just be patient. Enjoy time with your family.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App