[Unofficial] setCPU Settings

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There's been numerous threads and people in development and ROM threads/forums trying to figure out exactly what settings will help their phones battery life most. However, most people don't get straight forward answers and are left not knowing how to use setCPU or No Frills correctly.

So basically, I'm making this thread to have people post their Profile and Voltage settings in posts below.

Feel free to post what rom/kernel you are on to best help users know which settings will likely best suit them. Everyone's phones of course react differently then one anothers so results will vary of course.

Type your settings or post screenshots below. :). I'll do so also once I get to a computer.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Great idea!!! Even though what may work for one may not work for others. It would be a good starting point.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Peter Alfonso's stock rooted ICL53F, stock kernel.

Interactive governor at 1.2ghz
1 profile: 350mhz max & min with screen off.

About 14 hours of battery life with heavy use. Using extended battery.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Mine are set pretty low. Running GummyNex 0.3.8 w/ Imoseyon Kernel 1.1

z5fA8.png

Remember, diff phones have different tolerance. What might work for my phone might not for yours.

Also, I heard that if you set the voltage too low, it can make battery life worse so play around with different settings and see what's best for your phone.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
i usually take the voltages given for a kernel and multiply it by 90%. This usually provides lower voltages while still being stable.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for replies guys. :).

As mentioned, settings will work differently on every phone most likely. So take these to get a good picture of what will likely work and feel free to switch some things around to fit your phones needs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I have the AR ROM and use No Frills. I left No Frills settings to default and noticed a huge increase in battery life. Not gonna mess with what's working so far:)

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here we go! I too use No Frills default before switching to this.
oruxrs.jpg

After a lot of testing and random reboots due to my phone not liking the settings, these finally seem to work perfectly with my phone. Not sure if this was.. a mistake? or something, but when I applied these I somehow went up 2% in battery from where I was. :p

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
oruxrs.jpg

After a lot of testing and random reboots due to my phone not liking the settings, these finally seem to work perfectly with my phone. Not sure if this was.. a mistake? or something, but when I applied these I somehow went up 2% in battery from where I was. :p

mind directing me to where I can find the no frills kernal. I'm running ARHD also, but with his included kernal. I would like to try another.

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
NoFrills is an App in the Android Market similar to setCPU. I'm on AXION's v2.2's custom kernel it comes with. Before this I was on the Apex Kenel.

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
NoFrills is an App in the Android Market similar to setCPU. I'm on AXION's v2.2's custom kernel it comes with. Before this I was on the Apex Kenel.

I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

iPood

Reaction score
oruxrs.jpg

Awesome I applied these settings to my nexus running axiom 2.2 and included kernel.

Confused how the higher volts to the frequency could offer better battery?

OP
BenLand150

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome I applied these settings to my nexus running axiom 2.2 and included kernel.

Confused how the higher volts to the frequency could offer better battery?

Someone on RootzWiki mentioned it evens out the lower voltages at the top or something like that. I tried lower settings and my phone kept freezing and rebooting. So I kept going up until it stopped doing so. It was like a 40minute process. >.>