1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Unofficial ..PE is sweet, thanks for this ROM thread

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by xkape, Jan 5, 2011.

1. xkape

xkape Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

OK, 1st.. PLEASE.... do not post issues here, there are other threads for that.

This thread is for positive experiences only. For example....

This ROM is pretty badarse. Wanted to run it for a bit but never did until recently. Tons of customizable options, very fast, very stable and my battery life rocks like it did with my previous ROM. 1st time EVER!! been able to run a kernal on my phone past 1000Mhz without crashing.

Dev is here a lot and actually takes the time to answer questions and troubleshoot a bit I have noticed. Not common, seriously.

So, the point is, thanks for the ROM, and your time, as I know much has been spent making this for FREE!

I am bringing my themes over here and I have noticed other have too. That tells me the interest in your ROM is growing and will continue to do so. Keep up the good work and I bet you will pass UD and CM and BB for superiority. I know the ROM deserves it, people just have to try it to see.
  2. xkape

lol.. :) Good stuff!

I did a thread like this before for a different ROM and everyone who replied was like.. "I love this ROM but,, is there a way to fix x,y and z"? I just like to take the time to thank the DEV for his hard work (if its deserved) and want to keep the thread as "upbeat" as possible.
  3. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Well I just wanted to say I appreciate the gesture of this thread and the thanks from you and whoever else enjoys the rom. I'm glad to see more themes are starting to make their way over to the rom. That was a major drawback and I'm sure kept some from flashing the rom. Also the fact that people are afraid to take a chance with something new especially if there is one or two bad things at first. then they never try it again.
    Anyways I'd also like to say that support is a big part of what I try to do. I am not always around because of work and building the rom but GLD has been helping me out greatly with this and has been around since before the beginning of p.e plus others help with support as well. We have a new addition which is mojo_droid who is now helping me develop pe as well. So I hope to continue to be able to answer questions and help no matter how small or big the issue may be. I know when I use to flash roms and the dev was never around to help at all it made me kind of upset so I said to myself I would try my best to help out with support as much as possible.
    And on a side note I don't build the rom to try and surpass cm, bb, ud , liquid or any other developers who have more users and have been doing this way longer then I have. Because they def do make some awesome roms and I have learned alot from those developers. I merley just enjoy making roms and sharing with others who have the same droid interests. With the post on droid-life it seems to have enabled the rom to gain much momentum the past few weeks which I def appreciate but regardless of 5 users or 5000 users I will put in the same effort to try and continue to support and develop the best rom i can. roject Elite has also been a sort of team effort. es I developed it but many have helped. GLD, Liquid, Koveleski, husker, cereal killer, mojo and many more. Withotu their help and support p.e would no be where it is today and I thank them as well.

Thanks again and I have blabbed way to much.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  4. jlnguyen

jlnguyen New Member

This ROM is absolutely amazing. I've only ever used Bugless or UltimateDroid but both always seemed to have the exact same (and very annoying) bug: my stock SMS app was constantly forceclosing then deleting all my texts. This is the first ROM i've used that is absolutely flawless!

I haven't ran into a single bug or annoyance. UltimateDroid's settings had more customization, but PE4 is not far behind. I'm definitely a PE4 fan for life! Thanks for all the great work actngrezy!
  5. Riley

Riley New Member

Here here! !! My favorite ROM for both blazing speed and stability. Much appreciated and thanks for all the awesome work. This ROM makes my Droid Elite! ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  6. QuimbyDogg

QuimbyDogg New Member

I've tried a lot of different roms and this is one of the best. Very quick rom with amazing batterylife... you can't ask for more!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  7. speedfreeq

speedfreeq New Member

2nd that

PEv3 was the first ROM i dropped after LFY, and even then I was blown away by its speed and stability. 3.5 with NexTang theme was my ROM of choice pretty much the whole time it was the current version. The dev (can I call you Greg?) is incredibly responsive and has an incredibly high standard for his work.
    I messed around with MIUI at the 12/3 release, but that only lasted a couple weeks until the instability drove me back to PE. I just came right back here, 'cuz IT WORKS.
  8. motiond

motiond New Member

Long ago I was looking for a stable rom and stumbled acrossed PE, was blown away by its stability, and speed even at the first release, and its only gotten better, Greg and his team all do a great job with this rom, and props out gld, we would be lost with out her! Been with PE since the beginning, and the only way I would leave is if I upgrade!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  9. diggy488

diggy488 New Member

Put simply, this ROM is the only reason I'm hanging on to my droid. It becomes a new phone all the time! My respect and gratitude to you and your team. THANK YOU!
  10. srmason6

srmason6 New Member

I could ramble on forever....but everything I want to say has been said already, so I'll just say Thank You

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  11. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

Let me just chime in here and say that Greg is one of my oldest (as in longest-term) Droid buddies and he's just a great human being. Before he posted his first ROM release, he had spent a lot of time learning everything he could -- his curiousity and desire to learn were (are) insatiable -- and he was really excited to share what he had learned. He got to the point that he had his own Droid running so well that he wanted to share that with anyone who was adventurous enough to give a new developer a try. I'm amazed at how far he's come and that he continues, with the same intensity as he had in the beginning, to learn and create new things to make the ROM better.

And through all of this, he continues to be the same nice, generous guy he was when we first started sharing our Droid knowledge with each other. Okay, let's face it -- the guy is spelling challenged (actually, it's more that he's typing challenged), but that's the biggest negative I can say about him. :D

Hats off to a great developer and an even greater guy!
  12. actngrezy

actngrezy New Member Developer

Yeah I'm sure the whole forum knows I'm spelling challenged in my posts lol. Half the time I'm working and trying to post on my phone and it doesn't work so well. the other half well I have no excuse lol. Thanks foreverything

And IO really appreciate this thread. It makes me feel really appreciated you all have no idea. Just a little thanks is more then enough to make me feel appreciated and that the rom is liked
  13. mrkelly88

mrkelly88 New Member

I have tried almost every rom out there, and I'm stuck on this one... this is the first rom I've ever made wallpapers for (and actually rocked the logo on my desktop), the first rom I've ever rocked in my sig, and Greg will def be the first developer I donate to (once I get a paypal going).... your work is greatly appreciated and I can't thank you enough for making me happy with my phone again
  14. floyd

floyd New Member

The OG Droid and this ROM is a MotoRizon nightmare. Greg and GLD gave fresh legs to an EOL product. And prolly jacked up prices on used OG's by 25 bucks. Sweet, sweet effort.

Thanks, and the paypal check is in the tubes. We gots a brand new phone that rivals the best!
  15. xkape

I agree.. I always get tired of stuff after about 2 or 3 months. Not just phones but pretty much anything. I have now had my D1 for about 5-6 months and just today i pittied my mom for getting a D2 Global and her husband for getting an X. Thanks to these ROM's in general and especially UD and PE now, I'm not even vaguely tired of my phone.
  16. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid New Member

Although I truly appreciate being included in your praise here, I have to say that the ROM is ALL Greg (and now, with the release of v4.1, also Mojo-Droid). I just provide some testing, the occasional idea and support!
  17. a44kaliburll

a44kaliburll New Member

I just installed Project Elite like 3 days ago..

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

Best rom I have had yet. I have the D1 and the wait for a new phone was killing me. But on the suggestion of a different thread I tried pe and man...not sorry that I did.

Super fast, i love the colors (stock pe) I love the launcher pro and dude...hats off to you guys...made one hell of a rom.
  18. northwestyew

northwestyew New Member

i came from ultimatedroid to being unrooted reading everyones positive reviews i had to root just to try this out and now ive fallen in love

THANKS FOR MY 2 DAY BATTERY LIFE!
  19. floyd

floyd New Member

You are too modest GLD--a significant part of the success of this ROM was your tutorial on how to properly use TiBU to reinstall your stuff without overwriting critical system elements and at the same time restoring apps to their (hopefully) original SD card location, thus maximizing critical internal RAM.

You should consult for the TiBU dude to automatically incorporate your logic into his product.
  20. floyd

floyd New Member

Only 2 days? Me and Lester been on a angry birdz meth binge death match for the pass week with no lights here in Okfuskee.