Unofficial CCRom Builds!

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Nope, I have family coming to town, plus NFL playoffs (Go Pats), so no compiling until next week.

HarshReality

Reaction score
I think I'll wait for a flashlight fix.. been following this and it looks quite promising. Then again.. Im feeling froggy and might try a build myself today.

Last edited:

mtkregs

Reaction score
I was being kind of a smart a$$ about this flashlight thing...it definitely had no bearing on whether or not I would run this ROM. Based on some of the tweets I've been reading, my guess would be that the "official" 2.0.2 will be out soon. However, I don't know that we'll see many changes for Sapphire vs. what pdroid compiled and shared with us.

Get it while it's unofficial and hot!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

HarshReality

Reaction score
perhaps.. but Ive tried several times to compile my own and always failed terribly... just have to find a tutorial to setup for cvpcs source...

GodfatherIP

Reaction score
I'm excited for the new official Sapphire release. I was on Sapphire back when it first started out but switched to CM when the music skip function went crazy. I love the power widget on the notification bar and now that that is in Sapphire and the continuous music skips seems to have been fixed it looks like it is time to come back to the gem. Keep up the good work CVPCS!

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
No offence to you pdroid, but you have to put the family in the garage, attic, basement, and have a small 47" Flat screen HDTV next to you whilst you recompile on a laptop.

This is your unofficial SLA to Droidforums ... :icon_ banana:

Anyways, from what Tank posted, they might be close to a 0.2 release anyways, doesn't negate your work one bit. They should add you to the team !

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
lol thanks RW-1. As I said, I don't do any actual development - I'm just a user and supporter like everyone else here.

It does seem like official 2.0.2 seems near (from what I've read on cvpcs' twitter).

OP
Tanknspank

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think I'll wait for a flashlight fix.. been following this and it looks quite promising. Then again.. Im feeling froggy and might try a build myself today.
The flashlight has been fixed. I am currently pressing the flashlight toggle on and off and it works just fine :)
I was being kind of a smart a$$ about this flashlight thing...it definitely had no bearing on whether or not I would run this ROM. Based on some of the tweets I've been reading, my guess would be that the "official" 2.0.2 will be out soon. However, I don't know that we'll see many changes for Sapphire vs. what pdroid compiled and shared with us.

Get it while it's unofficial and hot!!!

Cvpcs does a few things that will make what he sends out a little smoother than these unofficial builds (zipaligning, optipnging, etc). I would still recommend upgrading to the official release for official support and themes :)
I'm excited for the new official Sapphire release. I was on Sapphire back when it first started out but switched to CM when the music skip function went crazy. I love the power widget on the notification bar and now that that is in Sapphire and the continuous music skips seems to have been fixed it looks like it is time to come back to the gem. Keep up the good work CVPCS!
The music skip bug HAS been fixed and works just fine as far as I can tell.

Btw, I plan on upgrading my internet soon making uploading builds such as this a bit easier than it would be for me to now. I might pick up building unofficial builds for distribution for multiple phones at some point, but for now, I just can't sit around for hours uploading builds that would be outdated in a matter of hours or less.

mtkregs

Reaction score
Tank...Of course, I'm planning on going "official" once it's released. But, in the meantime..... :p

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will enjoy ...

Got it on last night to test, very nice.

Only proved to me what little I know graphically, I'd like to change the power widget colors, and give the notification pulldown header a workover, but my (adobe)fireworks skills are only slowly catching up to my godlike PC skills.

I see the added icons, etc. in drawable, and will have to toy with it a bit, seems the backround icons changed in size slightly, would have been better if I were still mostly out of work as that would give me the time, but alas, I'm workin again :)

OP
Tanknspank

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will enjoy ...

Got it on last night to test, very nice.

Only proved to me what little I know graphically, I'd like to change the power widget colors, and give the notification pulldown header a workover, but my (adobe)fireworks skills are only slowly catching up to my godlike PC skills.

I see the added icons, etc. in drawable, and will have to toy with it a bit, seems the backround icons changed in size slightly, would have been better if I were still mostly out of work as that would give me the time, but alas, I'm workin again :)

The power bar controls color can be changed in the section for the galaxy s controls under ui tweaks.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought that might also be evident, didn't look thru it far enough ... :)

But I want to change the backround from light grey to black with grey for off, white for on ...

Last edited:

mtkregs

Reaction score
The beauty of a long compile....the computer did the work while I watched Iron Man II with the mrs.

Couldn't resist lads.

Now, usually I try to load these just to make sure they boot, but I'm off to bed - if there's any problems...well, treat them as nightlies. Sometimes life sucks.

Enjoy your weekend all!

I loaded it and it works fine. The flashlight works too :p

Thanks and have a good weekend.