Unoffical Bionis vs Thunderbolt

alboboy10

Reaction score
There you go. All that speed and dual core stuff and yet no 4g and connectivity issues. This is coming from people who own the phone.

Apparently a lot of people are having this issue.

drice72

Reaction score
if this was directed at me,
i didnt test them at the store. bought the bionic, then returned for a brand new one. then at their house I ran speed test on em.

It was not. I directed that to those who base their opinion of a phone solely on using the abused devices in the stores.

I am sure, as with all phones, there are bugs, and fixes for any 4g problems are only weeks away.

Having the ability to process two data threads at the same time will ultimately make the DB a smoother device. You will most likely not notice a real difference opening just one application. Open five or six then jump back and forth between them. I believe this is what the designers were after in the performance department.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

drocksmash

Reaction score
Do you guys think that they can even try to fix the 4g connectivity issues? I just wish i had 4g in a building that i used to NEVER lose 4g in.

drice72

Reaction score
They also had issues with the TB frying the sim card while trying to activate. That problem was resolved. The 4g issue with the DB will be resolved as well.

RVC

Reaction score
I went in to upgrade my TB for the Bionic and i could not do it. I dont think the Bionic screen is bad but i prefer my TB screen. I also am not crazy about the way it feels in my hands. The TB feels like a more solid devise in my opinion. I waited for this phone forever, but I think a D3 is a sweeter phone than the Bionic and TB. Plus I like how my TB is set up and is unlocked....so I can do whatever I want with it. This is why we have opinions, I don't know why people on here get so defensive, almost like someone is talking about their kids!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Last edited:

drice72

Reaction score
I went in to upgrade my TB for the Bionic and i could not do it. I dont think the Bionic screen is bad but i prefer my TB screen. I also am not crazy about the way it feels in my hands. The TB feels like a more solid devise in my opinion. I waited for this phone forever, but I think a D3 is a sweeter phone than the Bionic. Plus I like how my TB is set up and is unlocked....so I can do whatever I want with it. This is why we have opinions, I don't know why people on here get so defensive, almost like someone is talking about thirty kids!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

I hear ya. My gf is not going to give up her TB. I don't blame her. It is a well made solid device. She hasn't let me unlock it yet, but I will soon.

Sectime

Reaction score
Ok boys and girls another long thread about this vs that. And what did we learn?? some like "This" and some like "That"
Add some fanboi silly posts like "The demo phone had no widgets on any page" and others, and here we are.:blink:

kauaikid

Reaction score
Bionic vs TB

It appears the TB photos are over-saturated. I'm not a big fan of camera phones, but I must say the TB does take some good photos. If I want to take good photos, I use my Canon 5D, not my Bionic.

kk

alboboy10

Reaction score
It appears the TB photos are over-saturated. I'm not a big fan of camera phones, but I must say the TB does take some good photos. If I want to take good photos, I use my Canon 5D, not my Bionic.

kk

Your phone is something you carry everywhere. My friend and girlfriend both have a canon, one is a t3i and other a rebel. I have nothing.

One day I took a pic on my thunderbolt and edited it. Sent it to someone. We were talking about pictures one day and that guy asked who the person that took nice pictures was...and mentioned my picture lol. Now I'm not saying that this phones picture come slightly close to competing with anything beyond a phone camera...but I never received a compliment like that when taking pictures with my old androids.

I always had motorola btw. This is my first htc.

Tuktanuk

Reaction score
Your phone is something you carry everywhere. My friend and girlfriend both have a canon, one is a t3i and other a rebel. I have nothing.

One day I took a pic on my thunderbolt and edited it. Sent it to someone. We were talking about pictures one day and that guy asked who the person that took nice pictures was...and mentioned my picture lol. Now I'm not saying that this phones picture come slightly close to competing with anything beyond a phone camera...but I never received a compliment like that when taking pictures with my old androids.

I always had motorola btw. This is my first htc.

Phone goes everywhere and the DSLR Stays home the majority of the time unless it's a known event. People need to start demanding more from phone cameras and the companies that manufacture them. We as consumers listen to Ads telling us how great the cameras are on the phones and how many MP (yeah we already know MP has nothing to do with it) they have. When the phone camera falls short of the hype and expectations; people get pissed off and rightfully so. IMO, I think that Tbolt took a better photo as far as less grain in it pic. The color and saturation was better on the bionic for me as the Tbolt looked like there was too much blue and the white was washed out.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Always been a Moto guy but I much prefer HTC now that I got a DINC2.
Boss got a Bionic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the weight, but I hate Moto's interface after switching to HTC. Hate the lockscreen. Who at Moto thought that was cool? Blech.
Yea, I know you can switch it and I have Widgetlocker. Just saying.
Love the "Speed Dial" widget.

-BUT-

Personally, I never buy the first year of a new model car... which is why I wouldn't buy either of the first 4G phones from HTC, Moto, Samsung... anyone. In 18 months when my contract expires I will make the jump. For now, my stock DINC2 is perfect FOR ME.

Thanks to all you Charge, TBolt and Bionic owners being Beta Testers for the rest of us. ;)

alboboy10

Reaction score
Phone goes everywhere and the DSLR Stays home the majority of the time unless it's a known event. People need to start demanding more from phone cameras and the companies that manufacture them. We as consumers listen to Ads telling us how great the cameras are on the phones and how many MP (yeah we already know MP has nothing to do with it) they have. When the phone camera falls short of the hype and expectations; people get pissed off and rightfully so. IMO, I think that Tbolt took a better photo as far as less grain in it pic. The color and saturation was better on the bionic for me as the Tbolt looked like there was too much blue and the white was washed out.

I agree with everything you said. I thought the same thing as well but again, it could be that one picture.
I had a d1 and dx and I always felt as though they took grainy pictures. My girlfriends atrix does the same thing. In the dark, I had terrible experience with those cameras.
I really think that they need to spend more time on cameras though...the future of cameras will be phones.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Always been a Moto guy but I much prefer HTC now that I got a DINC2.
Boss got a Bionic. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the weight, but I hate Moto's interface after switching to HTC. Hate the lockscreen. Who at Moto thought that was cool? Blech.
Yea, I know you can switch it and I have Widgetlocker. Just saying.
Love the "Speed Dial" widget.

-BUT-

Personally, I never buy the first year of a new model car... which is why I wouldn't buy either of the first 4G phones from HTC, Moto, Samsung... anyone. In 18 months when my contract expires I will make the jump. For now, my stock DINC2 is perfect FOR ME.

Thanks to all you Charge, TBolt and Bionic owners being Beta Testers for the rest of us. ;)

We're not really beta testers...phones aren't cars. If it sucks you can return it and get another. It costs 250, you can sell it for 600 and keep your money for the next phone if ur desperate. Personally I've had companies give me upgrades for free. I got my d1 because my storm gave me problems. One day my d1 wouldn't receive calls so verizon upgraded me to the incredible which I sold and bought the dx which I preferred. I was a motorola guy then. I loved that phone no complaints only reason I got the thunderbolt is cause I wanted to get grand fathered into 4g. I rushed. So u can say this phone was a mistake but I loved the interface of it, everything was so fluid and different and nicer...that I felt like I began preferring htc.

I got att to send my girlfriend a free atrix to replace her inspire so I still have a soft spot for motorola! When a product is better it's better.

I would say out of the bunch the only phone I dislike is the charge. I would CONSIDER trading my tbolt for a bionic even though I dislike a lot of things about it. But I would not do the same with the charge.

And ye I know what you mean about motorola. I always hated their lock screens. Never really liked how the home screen felt. And I think htc makes prettier products..home screen, widgets, gallery, camera, music etc.

Motorola takes the edge with battery though. With a rom on the bionic you can get double the battery life of the thunderbolt easy.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
We're not really beta testers...phones aren't cars.

Well that was a bit of a friendly tease, there. Not serious.

If it sucks you can return it and get another.

Sure as long as you figure that out in 15 days or less. Which, yes, most people will.
Then, of course, the restocking fee which average joe will pay.

Just saying and I don't think this can be denied: the next generation of all these 4G phones will be better then what is out now. ;)

So unless I win the Bionic from the awesomest forum site in the entire world ;) I will happily trundle my DINC2 around.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Well that was a bit of a friendly tease, there. Not serious.

Sure as long as you figure that out in 15 days or less. Which, yes, most people will.
Then, of course, the restocking fee which average joe will pay.

Just saying and I don't think this can be denied: the next generation of all these 4G phones will be better then what is out now. ;)

So unless I win the Bionic from the awesomest forum site in the entire world ;) I will happily trundle my DINC2 around.

No keep it for 15 days and sell it used. I'm sure it'll hold its value.

Idk if you care about 4g but if you don't then ye I'd prefer the inc2 as well. And definitely the next generation will be better.