Unoffical Bionis vs Thunderbolt

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by wooddale, Sep 11, 2011.

1. wooddale

wooddale Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11
    I have both a Bionic and Thunderbolt. Both are curently on wifi because I had issues with sim card and have to wait for new one. I am in Wisconsin 40 miles from nearest store so I had them ship me one. Anyway had them right next to one another the Bionic beat the Thunderbolt every time hitting different apps together not by much but every time. Quadrant Bionic was 2100 TB was 1500 doesnt seem right that it should be that much but it was. Xtremlab Speed both were pretty close at 850.00 download remember Im on wifi only running off a network extender in an extended service area. Upload different story TB was at 2000.00 Bionic was 5000.00. The TB is rooted BAMF2.4 stock kernel Bionic is stock cause I may have to bring to activate because of my location. The Bionic seemed and was just a bit snappier. Oh and they were both on LP so they were exactly even. So all in all there was a difference between the two. But howmuch could you expect. Ill post again when I get service and let you know difference on 3G and 4G.

2. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I still would not trade my thunderbolt for a bionic.

This feels better, more solid device, and better screen.

3. wooddale

wooddale Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11
    Like I said there was not that big of a difference. But I will wait until I get activated before I make a decision.

4. mdroid2g

mdroid2g Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Even though I like the look and feel of the thunderbolt better I am happy I made the switch.
    I don't notice much of a difference between the screens, but I think thunderbolt might have a better one only because the bionics is a bit pixely.
    I liked the silly chrome speaker grill of the thunderbolt and the feel in your hand, but the bionic it works and functions so much better than the thunderbolt.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

5. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,074
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    I had my bionic in direct sunlight today and it was readable. Never has my TB done that. I'll take a "Grainy" screen that I can read in any light over a over-enhanced with colors screen.

6. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    I've used my phone in direct sunlight about 3 times and have had trouble reading my phone five times maximum. And I just turned up brightness and could see again.

The screen is better. I'm not talking about the screen in different weather conditions. Overall, the thunderbolt is a better screen. Idk what over enhanced means but nothing about this screen is "over" anything. I use my phone 99% of the time in normal lighting.

7. Mustang02

Mustang02 Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +6,074
    Current Phone Model:
    Nexus 6P/5X
    The TB's screen is over-saturated. It's unnatural in colors. Never cared for it.

8. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    First time I ever heard that. But definitely not the first time I heard of people complaining about the bionic screen.

thunderbolt battery = bionic screen.
    Both known for being bad. But with the battery issue u can fix it with root and big battery.

9. Mullensbb

Mullensbb Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Dude TB doesnt even compare....what are you smoking

10. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Great argument.

11. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    so your insight=a dual core phone is faster then a phone that was created in 2010.......

thanks dude.

12. phillyphill39

phillyphill39 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My thunderbolt is collecting dust now. The bionic to me is so much better. The screen, speed and battery life. Oh yeah and the 1080p recording.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk