Unlocking/Rooting for Straight Talk?Dummy here

FieryMomOf2

Reaction score
Yall have been so great about helping me in the past. I am clueless when it comes to rooting, unlocking etc. Verizon already told me they don't unlock for use on other carriers. I need, and can't find, a step by step guide on how to do whatever I need to do to this Droid 4 to make it work for Straight Talk. The issue seems to be that when I tap to select Network provider, T-Mobile/ATT doesn't show up like it did on my son's HTC Incredible 2. I read a thread that showed how to do it, but most of that is over my head.
Can anyone help a poor dumb woman out with this? The phone says Android version 4.0.4 so I'm assuming that's ICS? And from what I've read, your phone has to be Jellybean before you can do it to ICS. Somebody please help?
Thanks

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yall have been so great about helping me in the past. I am clueless when it comes to rooting, unlocking etc. Verizon already told me they don't unlock for use on other carriers. I need, and can't find, a step by step guide on how to do whatever I need to do to this Droid 4 to make it work for Straight Talk. The issue seems to be that when I tap to select Network provider, T-Mobile/ATT doesn't show up like it did on my son's HTC Incredible 2. I read a thread that showed how to do it, but most of that is over my head.
Can anyone help a poor dumb woman out with this? The phone says Android version 4.0.4 so I'm assuming that's ICS? And from what I've read, your phone has to be Jellybean before you can do it to ICS. Somebody please help?
Thanks

sorry to be the bearer of bad news. the droid 4 will not work with domestic gsm. it only works with cdma networks here in the states. check out swappa or ebay for a used gsm android.