unlocking is possible?

greg_p

Reaction score
All,

I really plan to buy one (in France) without carrier engagement, in order to get an unlocked one. Actually, I read somewhere on the net that european version comes unlockable, so I would be interested if someone that bought a free one and can test to unlock it.
I think that the same method as nexuses can work (boot in fastboot and issue a >fastboot oem unlock).

That would be great...

Thw in advance,
greg

silver6054

Reaction score
All,

I really plan to buy one (in France) without carrier engagement, in order to get an unlocked one. Actually, I read somewhere on the net that european version comes unlockable, so I would be interested if someone that bought a free one and can test to unlock it.
I think that the same method as nexuses can work (boot in fastboot and issue a >fastboot oem unlock).

That would be great...

Thw in advance,
greg
I don't know if it really bootloader unlockable, but I had read what you did. The decision seems to be up to the carriers and I don't know what that means for a SIM-unlocked phone! Of course, the French version will be GSM/HSPDA only, no LTE (or CDMA of course) so I don't know if that is such a compelling phone, apart from being thin....

Edit: Well, I guess people are buying the US version outside of the 4G areas for the screen etc, so I take it back!

Last edited: