Unlocking homescreen MAJOR lag!?!?

SMGriffin

Reaction score
This just started happening tonight...when I go to unlock my phone there is a ridiculous amount of lag time before it unlocks. Same goes if I try to toggle it to vibrate, major lag. Anyone else having this problem???? What's going on??!!

Edited 20 minutes later: So I turned my phone off and back on...seemed to help. But this phone is a week old, should stuff like this be happening? I'm thinking of returning it. (I also lose my data connection frequently.) Any insight???

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Infiniti87

Reaction score
Maybe try a factory reset? I've had my Bionic since the release day and I haven't had even the smallest amount of lag. I've tried to lag it down but I haven't been successful.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
S

SMGriffin

Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance....how do i do a factory reset???

Infiniti87

Reaction score
From the homescreen press Menu, Settings, Privacy, and click Factory Data Reset and follow the prompts. It WILL erase all your data off the phone and bring it back to the way it was when u got it from the factory.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
From your home screen, touch the menu key/ settings/ privacy...
Chances are you've just selected the wrong combo of apps and settings... instead of mass reinstalling all of your apps, consider a more cautious approach :) luck mate!

OP
S

SMGriffin

Reaction score
From your home screen, touch the menu key/ settings/ privacy...
Chances are you've just selected the wrong combo of apps and settings... instead of mass reinstalling all of your apps, consider a more cautious approach :) luck mate!

Yes, I've thought that might be the case. But why would turning off and on the phone fix the problem????

Thank you for the how-to on how to do the factory reset. I will try that if this happens again. I don't WANT to return my Bionic, but I don't want to have an expensive phone that doesn't work properly. :( Hopefully today will be problem-free!!

Infiniti87

Reaction score
When u restart the phone it gives the software a chance to refresh itself and clear itself of any unnecessary data that's being stored. My Og Droid would lag really bad if I didn't reboot it once in a while. It shouldn't happen with the bionic though. You might have an app that isn't playing nicely with the system. After u do a factory reset take your time reinstalling your apps. Give a lil bit of time in between downloads and see if you can catch the culprit.

Also, do u have a task killer installed on your Bionic?