Unlocking home in memory?

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by mrkelly88, Jan 12, 2011.

1. mrkelly88

mrkelly88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Is there any way to manually stop the home from being locked in memory? I know there is a toggle in elite settings but this does not work (I never checked the option and its still locking home in memory). I have tried re-flashing the rom, deleting /data/local.prop and restarting... but everytime I reboot my phone it keeps adding the script in /data/local.prop to lock the home in memory... if I reboot 3 times I will have 3 lines of script in that file (sorry I don't know off the top of my head exactly what it is, something like ro.HOME.adj=1)... I want to stop this because I've been having random reboots at least every 4 hours or so (or when I do something that requires a lot of "juice" like flash player or games), but then when I delete the /data/local.prop file, my phone will not reboot at all... I was wondering what causes this, and if there is a file I can edit or something to stop it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. mkjellgren

mkjellgren Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I doubt locking home in memory would cause reboots. If anything android would just close whatever operation was lowest in priority aside from your launcher app. That might include whatever application you are using at the time but shouldn't cause a reboot...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. mrkelly88

mrkelly88 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It doesn't fully reboot, just a hot reboot... and now that you mention that, I also have had applications randomly closing on me, like browser and messaging, not force closing, just randomly closing... and I haven't had a problem with that since I've been trying it out with deleting the /data/local.prop file.... I'm almost positive that is the problem, I have tried so many different things to eliminate the variables... and this is what has worked, I just don't want to have to delete the /data/local.prop file everytime my phone reboots .... but just for fun, let's say that isn't the problem.... how would I still stop it from locking in memory?

4. pdc419

pdc419 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I had a problem like that a while ago with a different rom. I would try a different kernel, that solved my problem. Just a thought.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Search tags for this page
how to unlock home in memory
how to unlock home in memory android
how to unlock memory from home dx2 eclipse
how to unlock memory in home & compachie
unlock home from memory

unlock home in memory