Unlocking from Verizon

nerflirui

Reaction score
All information on the web points out that it WILL BE a global, GSM-ready phone. It is said to have GSM-capable radio. You can't do "global roaming software-only", since it wouldn't have a physical way to connect to any provider that would do the roaming.

For now, it gives me "The SIM card is from an unknown source" and "no SIM" and "no service", having a GSM microSIM card (hey, @ScottyDsntKnow, you are therefore wrong to think that GSMs cannot be microSIM).
Doing *#*#4636#*#* does not work on Droid4 for me, the code just disappears right after the last asterisk and nothing happens.

I have a XT912 with the same problem. I'm tired of the $80 smartphone plan and wanna switch to my old good T-mobile prepaid, but failed. Did you get this problem sorted out? If you did, I'll really appeciate it if you can tell me how.

The_Red_Baron

Reaction score
I got it working with Bell Mobility

Just make sure the phone is upgrade to latest ICS, it automatically unlock it. I have mine XT894 working with Bell Mobility. Everytime you power it off and back on. It will said unknown SIM. But it accepted it and works after that.

Not sure you can get the ICS update OTA in Canada or no. I just made sure the guy sold it to me upgrade it to ICS before he ship it to me.

Hope that helps.

droidbound

Reaction score
I have a XT912 with the same problem. I'm tired of the $80 smartphone plan and wanna switch to my old good T-mobile prepaid, but failed. Did you get this problem sorted out? If you did, I'll really appeciate it if you can tell me how.

Are you outside the US?
If yes, you can try and call Verizon Global and just ask them for an unlock code.
See this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/showthread.php?t=235535

But no other carrier's SIM will work on a Verizon phone in the US.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD