Unlocking Droid X to run on any CDMA network

Aikoentp

Reaction score
I have a funky situation. I moved to Puerto Rico. I had a T-Mobile 3G Slide that I was running on Straight Talk and now it is FBAR. I bought a Droid X . The Seller says it doesn't use a sim card (though specs on Motorola says it does) and it is not unlocked. The only Service Provider I can find that uses CDMA is Claro. I am waiting for the phone, so I've read and seen bunches of ways to unlock the phone to run on any other CDMA provider. But here is where I am really confused. I've watched the video on the "invisible Lock Bar", I've also heard that you can access a menu that allows the reconfiguration and ability have the ability enter new system ID after entering a "00000" code. I see on this forum about flashing, rooting and much more that is over my head, well not really completely over my head. This phone is guaranteed to run on other providers in the States, Pay plus and Talk For Good. Pay plus is as or more than Verizon. Talk For Good has great plans but only covers the Lower 48 and Hawaii. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

OP
A

Aikoentp

Reaction score
Really? No one on this forum has knowledge to pass on. I'm really disappointed! I'm sure this will draw your smart remarks.

Last edited by a moderator:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
The issue with the DROID X being said to run a sim card, are you sure that you aren't mistaking it for the motox?

I ask because the DROID X is and always has been a cdma phone... It has a slot for an sd card.. Which is a removable memory chip.. No sim though.

The motox is a rumored device, which will be 4g, and will definitely have a sim card slot.. If it gets released under that name..

As far as using it or any device on another carrier.. Some moto phones have been flashed to other networks like razrs to us cellular, or cricket.. But the devices are glitchy and don't work as intended.. And are prone to crashing from what I've seen... Not always the case...

The reason being is that certain moto Devices are locked, They're designed to be locked to a specific carrier... Its a Verizon thing.... Hope this helps.

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Yea unfortunately the X can only be used on CDMA. Its not possible to unlock it for anything else.

Sent from my XT926 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
A

Aikoentp

Reaction score
I only want to unlock to use a different CDMA provider other than VZW.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I believe the carrier will have to flash the phone.. Search YouTube though... That way you can see how the device might operate.. Wish I had recorded what happened to my buddies phone when it was flashed for cricket..... Uuuuuuugly.... It crashed alot, half the screen didn't operate on the calls menu... It was a mess

m.ksy

Reaction score
I only want to unlock to use a different CDMA provider other than VZW.

It is very easy process. All the trick that is no required to unlock the phone. Only just need set 0 in 8035 NV Item using QXDM, RadioComm or other to enable M.IP changing. All this you must do in Diag Mode - some info there.