unlocked Galaxy SII on AT&T

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So I'm trying to help my cousin and I just need some confirmation and possibly any word of experience in doing this. My cousin wants to get a Galaxy SII, but not the SkyRocket or whatever it is on AT&T, he wants an unlocked euro version. So I have 2 questions...

1. It's as simple as just him putting in his SIM card in it, right? I've seen on reviews at phonedog that Aaron just put his SIM card in, entered info, and the phone (Nexus and the Note) worked.
2. Anyone know where to get new unlocked phones? Want to avoid ebay and used phones.

I'm just not 100% sure it'll work. Want to confirm before he goes out trying to find one. For the record, he's ditching his iPhone for it, so one more user for Android:hail:

Thanks!

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
We all Verizon huh? Lol

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was with T-Mobile for awhile, so similar concept...

If it's the pure global GSII, that comes unlocked, I'm 99% sure he can just stick the SIM in and go. Might have to call AT&T, but I don't see why it wouldn't just work out of the box.

OP
dezymond

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Was with T-Mobile for awhile, so similar concept...

If it's the pure global GSII, that comes unlocked, I'm 99% sure he can just stick the SIM in and go. Might have to call AT&T, but I don't see why it wouldn't just work out of the box.
Gotcha.

Haven't had much time to research it myself, but posts and info from about 2008-2011 just said stick in the SIM and it should work. Just want confirmation. I figured it was like that, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks!