Unlock Slider Reboots D2G?

City Droid

Reaction score
I've had my Droid 2 Global for almost a month now. About once a day (since day 1), the phone reboots itself when I use the unlock slider. The phone works fine after the reboot. I've gotten used to it since the reboot doesn't take that long, but I can't imagine this to be normal. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this a known issue or do I have a defective unit?

Note: I have not rooted the phone.

Thanks in advance!

ba-b4

Reaction score
lots of little things seem to cause this phone to reboot and freeze. I got a Droid 2 Global which rebooted before when accessing GPS. I returned it for another and after a while it started again. This one's even worse it reboots in the middle of calls seemingly if they go past a few mins. I'm out of my 30 day period so I'm pretty much stuck with it. My advice is to keep exchanging it for another one till you get one that works right before your 30 days is up.

JetBunny

Reaction score
Hey all! I've been having the same issue with my D2G. Randomly when unlocking the phone, it will reboot right out of the slide. It happens about once a day or so, and has been doing it pretty much since I got it. The slider also doesn't always unlock, and I have to try it again.

VZW says it's a hardware issue and I need a new phone. Luckily I got it at Costco, so I'm still in the 90 day return period. This is my second D2g, the first one overheated and froze, and drained battery in just a few hours. Stock phone, no task killers. Minimal apps loaded.

Any ideas about how to solve this? I really don't want to have to take this one back, too. But honestly, between this and the lack of basic functionality compared to my antique blackberry, I'm starting to hate this phone.

It also marks all my emails as read on the server, even if they haven't been read on the phone. And spam shows up on te phone but goes in the spam folder (or disappears entirely) on the server. But I suppose that's a topic for another thread...

EOK1335

Reaction score
have u freezed or removed the stock music app?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
I've been having these problems as well. However, like the poster above asks, I have removed the stock music player. Now I'm going to get it back and see if it fixes anything.

JetBunny

Reaction score
Hmmmmm

I've never used the music app. Didn't know there was one LOL And not sure how it could cause a reboot when unlocking the phone...

There's only a "Force Stop" option, no ability to uninstall. What next?

robotsandwrestlers

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

EOK1335

Reaction score
for me the reason seems to be the stock music app and voice search app. when I got these 2 removed from the system folder I met 5 times of unlock reboot in 1 day.
but as I put them back it never happens again.

Last edited:

luvs2kidos

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my d2g and am on my 7th one since december 2010 and they all have done the same thing. The phone restart about once a day randomly each day when I go to slide it to open. Verizon tells me they don't know what to do because they have never had that complaint before me.

I've never used a music app so im not sure what good it would do to uninstall it. Im not rooted so I can't take it off my phone anyway. I would love this phone if it didn't restart every single day at least once a day.......

wildbill86

Reaction score
I got my complaint about this issue through to motorola. The more complaints the more likely a fix will be created. Motorola wants me to send my phone in to be repaired. Think I might and see what happens.

jcl197

Reaction score
Ive never had this happen with my D2G, im running fission tho, but when i ran it stock i dont think it happenned either.

wildbill86

Reaction score
I don't think I'm gonna root unless my warranty is up and I have read a lot more about it. I'm still petty new to all this.

JetBunny

Reaction score
I'm now on my third D2G. This one went 5 days before an occurrence of the slide-lock reboot. I was SO hoping the third would be the charm, but noooooo... :icon_eek:

Motorola CS: 800-331-6456

wildbill86

Reaction score
I sbf'd mine back to completely stock about a week and a half ago, no slide unlock reboot since. It had been doing it about once a day since I bought it, as I posted earlier. Try a factory data reset, and wipe cache in recovery mode.