Unlock screen

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Well there's an app in the marketplace called widget locker that's about 2 bucks. You can use it to add Widgets and sliders to a custom lock screen. The following screenshot shows a slider with brightness on one side and volume on the other with an unlock button in the middle. Then as you can see I also have my music widget as well as a clock and weather widget.
62adccfd-1a85-d2ef.jpg

tappin and a talkin

what theme you running there spazz

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ultimate droid theme. Thinking about taking frost out for a spin though.

tappin and a talkin

thebird36

Reaction score
Im diggin the theme and primus spaz! and only prob with widgetlocker is when it switches through the original lock and the new lock or when it force closes.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

yamaredman

Reaction score
Is there a better alternative to Widget Locker? I love the customizability because it let's me set the screen up any way I want it.

But it slows my phone down big time. It takes 5-6 seconds for my home page to load after every unlock (using LP Pro). It doesn't take anywhere near this long when I don't have Widget Locker intstalled.

petjakob

Reaction score
the reason for those major problems is that the method to replace the lockscreen is really only built for low memory needs like the alarm clock or the phone ui. for the amount of stuff needed to interact with widget data for the music player and everything else, it's going to be slow. the android SDK fails to offer any true lockscreen substitution and the only tools that are there are tailor made to allow the built in stuff like the phone and alarm clock to smoothly take control on top of the locked phone. this is why i gave up on creating the first widget custom lockscreen. i noticed widget locker launched and it has tons of review complaints of the utter slowness, you're not the only one.