Unlock on received call??

dbmorris

Reaction score
On my phone when a call comes in I get a screen that I can answer without having to unlock the phone. A friend of mine's phone is different, when his calls come in he has to: press the power key, slide to unlock, then can either answer or not (basically has to unlock his phone, PITA). I am sure there is a setting for this but can't find it. Any idea?

Danny

ptfd13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 7
The way your phone acts is the norm. As for your friend's phone I do not know of a setting that would cause that. This could be an app that he has set to do that.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
By default, phone calls deactivate the lock screen. Your Droid is fine, your friend's is misbehaving :)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
By default, phone calls deactivate the lock screen. Your Droid is fine, your friend's is misbehaving :)

Really? I'll be damned. I saw this thread earlier but thought there was some mistake. My Droid goes to the lock screen every time a call comes in since day one (even when charging on AC) - I thought it was normal. It drives me crazy, but thought that's the way the phone was. I had to do a factory reset for another issue way back when, but the lock screen with an incoming phone call has been continuous. Any suggestions what might cause this?