Unlock mechanism theme to theme

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by baspo, May 22, 2010.

1. baspo

baspo New Member

How could I get the unlocking mechanism from the Smoked Glass theme to other themes?
  2. baspo

baspo New Member

Another question sort of in the same area as my first: can i take the Settings.apk file from the smoked glass theme and put it in NexTheme, rezip the theme and be ok to use it that way? Or is there something with the framework.apk file that would need to be adjusted?

I'm pretty new to this mix-and-match theming, really have no clue what I'm doing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  3. baspo

baspo New Member

This is beginning to feel like how I operate IRL, talking to myself and all. :)

So I've started poking about in the NexTheme and SmokedGlass zip files trying to find what's different that makes the SmokedGlass theme not have lock/unlock/soundon/soundoff bars, just the circular icon. I cannot figure out what file(s) I need to bring into NexTheme to get rid of the bars. I've figured out how to make a zip file to use with MM, but identifying the relevant file(s) is eluding me. Any help would be appreciated.
  4. SupAll

SupAll New Member

You might get better luck asking in the Themes section where you can get a good portion of the devs are more likely to answer your questions.
  5. HermitObserver

HermitObserver New Member

Connect your phone and enable usb debugging.

cd the android/tools directory

type in "adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk ANYDIRECTORYONYOURCOMPUTER"

Then go to that directory and, using 7zip, right click it and hit open archive.
    Look for ic_jog_dial_unlock and the others you want to keep in res/drawable-hdpi and save them to your desktop.

Make a nandroid backup and restore the theme you want to add the sliders to.

Then pull the new framework-res.apk and open its archive using 7zip. Drag the files from your desktop to the same directory you got them from in the new framework.

Now put the framework-res.apk in the android/tools folder and open command prompt
    cd to android/tools

type in "adb remount"
    "adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework"
    "adb reboot"

Then log on here to tell me if it worked :):):)
  6. its.mike

its.mike New Member

After looking through the two themes i found which ones are different and created a MM theme with the SmokedGlass icons.

And remember if you somehow break your phone its not my fault.
  7. baspo

baspo New Member

Worked perfectly, thank you very much! dancedroid
  8. clk55r1d3h

clk55r1d3h New Member

I posted a nextheme with full transparent lock screen and also the mute button, when it was on landscape mode it was a different color so I fixed that too...if you want I can post the link...