unlink contacts

thisiswang

Reaction score
i have verizon backup assistant which i used to get my contacts on my phone. however, it seems like gmail also synced my contacts to my phone. Now for every name I have 2 same number showing up twice. How do i get only one set of numbers to show up?

jdon285

Reaction score
You could try accessing ba and deleting your contacts, then resync with gmail.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

badger98

Reaction score
Contacts Confusion

Be careful before deleting your phone contacts... I tried with a few of mine and now see some strange behavior.

Like the original poster, I didn't like that the Backup Assistant and GMail sync had both put phone numbers into my contacts, in some cases causing the same number to be duplicated within the contact display. So I verified that all of the data I wanted was in my GMail contacts and tested a delete of the Phone Contacts data (just for my contacts starting with "A"). Now, for those "A" contacts, I see NO phone numbers in the contact display. The phone numbers are there (they show up when editing the contact), but they don't show up when I view the contact. I don't understand why viewing the contact doesn't show me all of the available information, regardless of the source.

I've also noticed a similar behavior in some of my entries that have both phone and GMail contacts. I can't find a pattern.

Any ideas why this is happening? I find it really annoying that I can't have a simple, consistent method for backing up all of my contact information in one place and having it display properly in the contact view.