Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.

woelda3000

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if they are still doing the unlimited data if you ad mobile hotspot

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Yup! Also it seems like vzw gave us free USB tether support.

tennvol

Reaction score
Reports are they are starting to audit accounts and switch people back to tiered.

Which I for one am happy to see

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Remind me again why you're happy some people have to go back to tier?

tennvol

Reaction score
Game the system, get caught, pay the price.....sorry no sympathy here.

Im surprised that it took so long for vzw to catch on. If infact the reports are true.

lm2

Reaction score
Are there in fact reliable reports of VZW switching people back to tiered? Source?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Oh I see what you're saying now. But I guess, I think it's BS they charge so much for such limited data, so more power to those who were able to get unlimited through a back door. It's not like they did anything illegal, the rep is the one who has to offer the unlimited...

tituswife

Reaction score
What happened? People who got unlimited data by signing up for hotspot, and then dropped their hotspot, got caught, so they're having to go back to tiered?

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

mykl376

Reaction score
The other thread on this subject got locked, so this one probably will too. My question though: why is this considered gaming the system? 4G Mobile Hotspot is a feature I can add on my own by signing in to My Verizon. If I don't already have the data plan required, I'm prompted to call customer service, and when I call customer service and the rep adds 4G Mobile Hotspot, it automatically switches to unlimited data. How is that gaming? Is it just the fact that most people are dropping the Hotspot service soon after?

But if I root my phone and enable WiFi tether, a feature that normally VZW charges for, thereby "gaming" them out of $$, that's totally ok................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are there in fact reliable reports of VZW switching people back to tiered? Source?

I read articles on both Consumerist and Lifehacker today that VZW is indeed catching this (error). Apparently they're getting calls from an auditing department. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

zirkdog

Reaction score
I read articles on both Consumerist and Lifehacker today that VZW is indeed catching this (error). Apparently they're getting calls from an auditing department. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Have there been reports of data plans being reset from actual customers?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have there been reports of data plans being reset from actual customers?

Both articles were submitted by VZW customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.