1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

unlimited Data help... please

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by GraphicDemon, Jun 10, 2012.

1. GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon New Member

Recently I switched to Verizon from sprint because 4g lte arrived i'm my area.. I heard about a glitch but i've tried so many times.. Then red that it was patched... Sadly.. Then read some people still helping users get it.. I really could use unlimited data I got one kid n another on way.. Lol really would appreciate it.. Thank you
  2. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

If this exists id like to know myself, my buddy was looking to swap over but won't because of Verizon's ridiculous data pricing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  3. FoxKat

FoxKat DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

I do know you can "assume" (take over) an account from another user and if it's grandfathered, the feature passes to the new owner of the account.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.
  4. GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon New Member

So could my uncle change it n his name then I change it back?
  5. bsweetness

bsweetness Moderator

No, you can't change a tiered plan into an unlimited plan. You have to have someone who already has an unlimited and doesn't want that plan any more. Through Verizon, you can agree to take over the remainder of their plan.

The issue there is that, since you already have a tiered plan, you'll be responsible for paying both your tiered plan and the assumed unlimited plan. You'd have to pay the early termination fee on your tiered plan if you didn't want both.

Long story short, there's really no straight up way to change a tiered plan into an unlimited plan. Pretty much the only option is to take over someone else's unlimited plan.
  6. GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon New Member

Damn i'm already stuck on a tiered plan n can't afford fee. Thought about making a Verizon store friend lol
  7. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Verizon reps can not give you Unlimited data as that plan is no longer available.

Why do you need unlimited from Verizon. so bad any ways. What was wrong with Sprint?

8. GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon New Member

Slow service.. Lags to call... Crappy Customer Service. ect...
  9. weatherlover1

weatherlover1 New Member

Unlimited is going the way of the dinosaurs. Even if you find a way to get unlimited the next time you upgrade to a new phone with the promotional price you will lose unlimited unless you buy phones at full price and something tells me even that will go away within a few years.
  10. GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon New Member

Verizon employees get unlimited everything... Lol i'm going apply.
  11. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Premium Member

Yeah in a number of months I am sure they will get everyone off of unlimited data so you might be stressing for nothing. Just stick with which ever company you like more, as far as cell reception and customer service.
  12. jackiescivic

jackiescivic Active Member

I think that might be true only if you are an account rep that goes store to store to visit vendors, but maybe it applies to corporate employees as well. As a vendor, I receive 2000 minutes, unlimited texts/picture messages, and I was lucky that my unlimited data rolled over.
  13. Quicksilver7714

Quicksilver7714 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

I assume these are the problems with Sprint.

Still not many people use more than 4GB in a month. Just use your Wifi at home, and at work. If it's available. You won't have any problems with going over your limit.

14. Colorado

Colorado New Member

Yeah I prolly am stressing for nothing. I had no problem with vcs, but they do have me a little aggrevated telling me that nobody is getting the maxx for free when obviously it is happening quite often. I sent them a receipt as they requested, so let's see what happens next just for kicks and giggles???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Edit: Sorry people, for some reason I thought I was reading the thread I started titled "Razr maxx discount pricing" and replied. Sorry for the mix-up.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
Search tags for this page

does rooting give you unlimited data