unlimited Data help... please

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Recently I switched to Verizon from sprint because 4g lte arrived i'm my area.. I heard about a glitch but i've tried so many times.. Then red that it was patched... Sadly.. Then read some people still helping users get it.. I really could use unlimited data I got one kid n another on way.. Lol really would appreciate it.. Thank you

Caesars

Reaction score
If this exists id like to know myself, my buddy was looking to swap over but won't because of Verizon's ridiculous data pricing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I do know you can "assume" (take over) an account from another user and if it's grandfathered, the feature passes to the new owner of the account.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2 with Google voice to text translation. Please excuse any minor spelling, punctuation, capitalization or grammatical errors.

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
So could my uncle change it n his name then I change it back?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
So could my uncle change it n his name then I change it back?

No, you can't change a tiered plan into an unlimited plan. You have to have someone who already has an unlimited and doesn't want that plan any more. Through Verizon, you can agree to take over the remainder of their plan.

The issue there is that, since you already have a tiered plan, you'll be responsible for paying both your tiered plan and the assumed unlimited plan. You'd have to pay the early termination fee on your tiered plan if you didn't want both.

Long story short, there's really no straight up way to change a tiered plan into an unlimited plan. Pretty much the only option is to take over someone else's unlimited plan.

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Damn i'm already stuck on a tiered plan n can't afford fee. Thought about making a Verizon store friend lol

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Damn i'm already stuck on a tiered plan n can't afford fee. Thought about making a Verizon store friend lol

Verizon reps can not give you Unlimited data as that plan is no longer available.

Why do you need unlimited from Verizon. so bad any ways. What was wrong with Sprint?

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Slow service.. Lags to call... Crappy Customer Service. ect...

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Unlimited is going the way of the dinosaurs. Even if you find a way to get unlimited the next time you upgrade to a new phone with the promotional price you will lose unlimited unless you buy phones at full price and something tells me even that will go away within a few years.

OP
GraphicDemon

GraphicDemon

Reaction score
Verizon employees get unlimited everything... Lol i'm going apply.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Yeah in a number of months I am sure they will get everyone off of unlimited data so you might be stressing for nothing. Just stick with which ever company you like more, as far as cell reception and customer service.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Verizon employees get unlimited everything... Lol i'm going apply.

I think that might be true only if you are an account rep that goes store to store to visit vendors, but maybe it applies to corporate employees as well. As a vendor, I receive 2000 minutes, unlimited texts/picture messages, and I was lucky that my unlimited data rolled over.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Slow service.. Lags to call... Crappy Customer Service. ect...

I assume these are the problems with Sprint.

Still not many people use more than 4GB in a month. Just use your Wifi at home, and at work. If it's available. You won't have any problems with going over your limit.

Colorado

Reaction score
Yeah in a number of months I am sure they will get everyone off of unlimited data so you might be stressing for nothing. Just stick with which ever company you like more, as far as cell reception and customer service.

Yeah I prolly am stressing for nothing. I had no problem with vcs, but they do have me a little aggrevated telling me that nobody is getting the maxx for free when obviously it is happening quite often. I sent them a receipt as they requested, so let's see what happens next just for kicks and giggles???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Edit: Sorry people, for some reason I thought I was reading the thread I started titled "Razr maxx discount pricing" and replied. Sorry for the mix-up.

Last edited: