unlimited data ending? reseller told me so

wvdroidman

Reaction score
I think they were trying to get a sale. I went to get a sim card for my thundebolt and these people kept trying to tell me that I don't need unlimited and to switch my plan. They started getting agitated when I refused to switch my plan. At one point the lady told me that verizon is going to end it anyways to just give in and switch.
This is a bunch of B.S right? Do these people get a commission on new plans?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
If you use an upgrade and sign a new 2-year contract, you'll have to give up your unlimited data plan and go on a tiered plan. As long as you don't sign a new contract, and buy phones off-contract from here on out (either new or used), you'll be able to keep your unlimited plan.

Mike8016

Reaction score
I think they were trying to get a sale. I went to get a sim card for my thundebolt and these people kept trying to tell me that I don't need unlimited and to switch my plan. They started getting agitated when I refused to switch my plan. At one point the lady told me that verizon is going to end it anyways to just give in and switch.
This is a bunch of B.S right? Do these people get a commission on new plans?

Yeah Verizon got rid of unlimited data for Grandfathered in user but you can still keep it if you don't renew your contract with them and buy phones off craigslist/ebay ect.

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you use an upgrade and sign a new 2-year contract, you'll have to give up your unlimited data plan and go on a tiered plan. As long as you don't sign a new contract, and buy phones off-contract from here on out (either new or used), you'll be able to keep your unlimited plan.

For now. Guaranteed that within 2 years, VZ will have pulled the plug on all unlimited data. Grandfathered or not

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Caesars

Reaction score
I agree, i intend to be on sprints LTE or prepaid in two years myself :p.

Googorola MAXX

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
For now. Guaranteed that within 2 years, VZ will have pulled the plug on all unlimited data. Grandfathered or not

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yup been saying a while that unlimited will be gone June 28th 2014. That is when the last of the just renewed grandfathered unlimited contracts run out.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Garemlin said:
Yup been saying a while that unlimited will be gone June 28th 2014. That is when the last of the just renewed grandfathered unlimited contracts run out.

That makes sense. Until then, I'm going to enjoy it. Hell, by then, they may bring unlimited back.

cdm369

Reaction score
If they don't offer any better plans.than they do now, I will have to do something else. Maybe a dumb phone.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I'm sure the reps do get commission, but if they're real pushy about it I'd walk straight out the door. I am a customer, I understand that unlimited data is trying to be put to an end, but don't encourage me to switch. As if the ones with unlimited data aren't mad enough about it ending for higher rates for lower data, now you got reps trying to get after you about it, ridiculous...

I wonder if Verizon is going to do something about this though. AT&T allows their unlimited users to stay grandfathered into unlimited plans from what I heard. That's a huge plus over Verizon.

sajgel

Reaction score
June 28th was the end of unlimited data. Also when you upgrade they charge a $30 fee.

Caesars

Reaction score
Att also throttles you at 2gb lol, only hope is a sprint lte network ;)

Googorola MAXX

OP
W

wvdroidman

Reaction score
they were also trying to tell me I need an 8gb plan.

Caesars

Reaction score
It really is absurd that they advertise these phones as basically doing everything under the sun.....and then cap your data.

So does that new fcc fine indicate any changes? If part of the deal was consumers can use the phone how they want, well i want to use it in 4g all day long ;)

Googorola MAXX

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
We're being sold this amazing technology, but all of a sudden we're being told we can't really use it to its full potential, quite disappointing.

Like being handed the keys to a Ferrari and being told go no faster than 25mph....