Unleashed 2.5! Blur-Be-Gone Spray for all those annoying bugs!

[Ennis_D]

Reaction score
Okay ladies and gentlemen, I am attempting to load this up on my girls D2. I have bootstrap, created a nandroid, downloaded 2.5, moved to root of SD card and renamed as "update.zip", booted into recovery via bootstrap, installed said "update.zip", rebooted and NOTHING has changed. Same as it was before I installed the said "update.zip".

Is there something I missed here on how to install a ROM on a D2? I am used to my orig. Droid so I may be missing something here. I have looked for the install instructions on here and various links from the OP but found nothing.

What am I missing here?

TIA guys!

[Ennis_D]

Reaction score
Install done. Sorry about that.

ROM erased all contacts in her phone after the install. How to fix this is greatly appreciated!!!!

jvance325

Reaction score
Issues that I've seen to-date:
- Cannot add a new event in Google/Gmail calendar with the phone. It kills the app every time I attempt it.
- Music App still does spooky things. i.e. pauses for no reason (screen off, laying on back) and will crash but not give FC, just lock device up. Some times it comes back others, not. This one is more on Google though b/c this happened w/the stock ROM.

Great work, keep it up!

I am experiencing the same issue with the calendar. Have to add events from website and let them sync over.

Also I have 2 Music Icons - both work.

I have also noticed GPS fix issues.

[Ennis_D]

Reaction score
Ole lady's Dorid2 is randomly cutting off and she has either a black screen or a half black screen here and there after the install of 2.5.

ANYONE WITH SUGGESTIONS?

medic77

Reaction score
So some issues I have noticed so far. I too am having issues with the calendar widget not showing up, news and weather widget only says "loading" it doesnt do anything else. fancy widget comes up blank, and the market widget states 'loading" and doesnt show anything else.

I too lost most of my contacts and all of my groups.

Reaction score
Does this work for the R2D2? I tried it on the regular Droid 2 and liked it, but I don't want to brick my R2D2 if it won't work. Has anyone tried this yet?

BTW, I know their hardware on the devices supposedly is the same, but they seem to have some vital differences. For example, I read about someone trying to recover their R2D2 with the leaked R2D2 ROM (which is not the same version as the R2D2's stock ROM, but works on regular Droid 2 as a non-official ROM) and it bricked their phone. So to head off any comments like, "if it works on Droid 2, it works on R2D2," not necessarily.

Sent from my DROID2

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
so far so AWESOME, great job man!!

one thing though.. i'm not a huge fan of the new messaging, it works perfectly but i found the original one more appealing, any way I can just get the old style of messaging? or does that have too many things integrated into it?

well done, lightning fast and very user friendly.

-Jim

grhomes

Reaction score
Pandora 1.5 not working?

Has anyone had any problems with Pandora 1.5 on unleashed 2.5? I haven't gotten pandora to even begin loading before it crashes ever since they updated it. I went back to 1.4.1 and it works fine, but Pandora is saying they fixed an audio quality issue and would love to check it out. Thanks for the help

rodmur

Reaction score
Doesn't seem to be taking. I can't load anything from Matt's channel on ROM Manager, so I tried installing via the sdcard and just bounces the original ROM.

Was trying to install 2.5, but using the directions at xda-developers - View Single Post - Epic Unleashed 1.1! Get your bug fixes here!

Except I got Koush's bootstrapper from the market.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Okay, I didn't mount /system. Saw the discussion at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/81943-epic-unleashed-2-5-final-does-not-install.html finally.

jvance325

Reaction score
I am getting the Pandora error also. Any able to load the Car Home standalong update from the market?

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Anybody find an answer for the pandora issue yet? Love the ROM but pandora is huge for me lol... i mean i can live without it but i heard there is a solution somewhere but i haven't come across it yet...

also is there an official solution to why you receive messages three times? it only happens off and on for me

-Jim

jvance325

Reaction score
Anybody find an answer for the pandora issue yet? Love the ROM but pandora is huge for me lol... i mean i can live without it but i heard there is a solution somewhere but i haven't come across it yet...

also is there an official solution to why you receive messages three times? it only happens off and on for me

-Jim

Here is a link to the Pandora fix. Nothing on SMS yet.