Unknown Notification Sound

raindog

Reaction score
My Incredible occasionally makes the notification sound but I don't know why. There are no new messages or anything I can find that would have made it make the sound. Am I overlooking something? Anyone else have this problem?

OP
R

raindog

Reaction score
Sorry. I should have posted under Tech Issues.

naman919

Reaction score
it's not an app like a twitter client or anything is it? calendar notification? vvm?

just trying to think of some i have.

OP
R

raindog

Reaction score
You thought of one of them. I did have the calendar marked for Monday when it sounded. As for Twitter and VVM, I don't use them and I have Advanced Task Killer on and set to "Crazy", so it keeps almost everything killed most of the time.

CrazyJek

Reaction score
You thought of one of them. I did have the calendar marked for Monday when it sounded. As for Twitter and VVM, I don't use them and I have Advanced Task Killer on and set to "Crazy", so it keeps almost everything killed most of the time.

Terrible. Just uninstall ATK. U don't need it regardless of what people may tell you. I used it for about 6 weeks. I took it off and not only did my phone generally run less sluggish and get less FC's on Launcher Pro, but my battery also lasted longer.

Apps and tasks in the background use no resources (processor power). Memory is still running whether it holds data or not. By killing an app, then starting back up when needed, you use more power then letting it sit in memory. When u r running out of memory, the OS will kill what it needs to.

If you wanna stop Pandora or any other app like Navigation running in background similar to it, then create a shortcut to the factory processes killer that comes with the phone. Works like a charm.

As for your issue, it could be possible that ATK is killing whatever is making that sound before you are even able to see it.