Unknown icon on status bar

pfwright

Reaction score
I have an icon that I do not know what it is on the status bar (right side). I looks like a underlined w with a half circle over it.

Even went to the Vn store, they could not figure it out either. Hate to hard boot to get rid of it. Took the battery out and powered off.
Thanks

Newbie Pam
Droid X

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Please do not cross-post..this is the 3rd such post.

thank you.

OP
P

pfwright

Reaction score
Why can we not cross post? I was just hitting several forums b/c not everyone go to Droid X or other forums. I may happen on Droid 1 or others.

Pam

Droid X

OP
P

pfwright

Reaction score
No, I have turned the sat. off on the phone b/c it drains the battery. The vzn store did no what it was either. It looks like w with a phone receiver over it.

iPirate

Reaction score
Check all the apps you have installed, see if one provides a status.

harrellj

Reaction score
A picture helps too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
P

pfwright

Reaction score
I took a picture with my camera.

Pam
Droid X

warrior21

Reaction score
Maybe it has something to do with phone reception. In the picture you are showing 1x.

keiichi25

Reaction score
Should probably close this thread...

To pfwright - Cross posting on a forum tends to take up:

1) Data, as you put more redundancy in trying to get a questioned answered
2) Clutters it up the forum. In this forum alone, you have two posts in regards to it, not counting other forums in question
3) Encourages others to do the same, thus promoting the problem of the first two issues with it.
4) Not necessarily getting the right answer, having people putting in multiple answers on different threads, missing the resultant of another thread you have posted. As noted with your other thread that doesn't have you pointing to your solution.

Please remember, while the forums are here to help people, there is a limitation on resources for certain things. It is helpful to follow the rules of the forum to make it easier to maintain it.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Rules are necessary granted but perhaps more focus should be put on answering a person's question beforehand. Support should be the number 1 priority. I only point this out because I tend to see a lot of this; someone asks a question, people answer the question with sometimes needless and unhelpful information, and such as this case, the person finds the answer on their own. Fruit for thought. ;)