unknown help needed, data partition possibly corrupt?

maxoc

Reaction score
so after loading up the newest dominator 3.0 beta rom as explained in install, and standard procedure to the dozens of other roms ive been through, i started having force closes and random reboots.
figured okay, its a beta, too bad, ill flash back to another rom.
i retried dominator again, sans the stock enabled JIT, hoping it would stabilize it.
i was wrong. same problems. but it was fast so i decided to live with it.

then my phone started a new trend. randomly wiping the data partition upon reboot? i was greeted with a stock screen and no apps many times when i wasnt expecting it.

so i figure okay, its a beta. flash to something else. decided to give ultimatedroids new era so i flashed sprecovery, pushed the files into nandroid, and tried to flash it. sprecovery kept getting stuck on unpacking a 800 kb data image... for half an hour

figure okay, sprecovery or the UD rom had issues, ill go back to my CWMrecoveries, flash CWM over, and try to restore an old stable image from weeks ago running on redrum i believe. and it works when i boot it up the first time, but if the phone goes off, EVERY time itll have a corruption issue, which i have to fix by restoring the backup.(just tried only restoring the data partition, it worked.)

... any ideas? i dont even know how to diagnose this to confirm, much less fix it.

OP
M

maxoc

Reaction score
yall are very useful with all of your views, but not too good with the help.
tried an sbf wipe, went successful until it got to checking the code 42 checksums then it errored. not sure what that means but my problem lies there i think. even a stock rom is resetting the data partition.