"Unknown" graphic over the contact name in calling/receiving call

mobilebuddha

Reaction score
Hello there,

Not sure if this is a technical issue or not, so I'm posting it in the general forums.. I am having a strange issue with my D2G:

Whenever I'm dialing a number, be it a contact in my addressbook or someone completely random, I get this "Unknown" graphic on my screen once the phone is dialing. I guess it doesn't matter that much if it's a random # that I'm dialing, since it is unknown. But this exact behavior also happens when I'm calling someone that's already in my contact list.

Worse still, when I get a call from someone in my contacts list, I also get this "Unknown" graphic. It "covers" (or stays on top of the name of the contact) for about 4-5 seconds and it's annoying as hell because you cannot see who is calling you.

Has this happened to you guys before? Did I install something bad? Or is there a config somewhere that I need to turn on/off?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reaction score
you need to either:

a. pick contact pictures for your main contacts

b. sync with facebook

the graphic is where the contact picture goes

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hello there,

Not sure if this is a technical issue or not, so I'm posting it in the general forums.. I am having a strange issue with my D2G:

Whenever I'm dialing a number, be it a contact in my addressbook or someone completely random, I get this "Unknown" graphic on my screen once the phone is dialing. I guess it doesn't matter that much if it's a random # that I'm dialing, since it is unknown. But this exact behavior also happens when I'm calling someone that's already in my contact list.

Worse still, when I get a call from someone in my contacts list, I also get this "Unknown" graphic. It "covers" (or stays on top of the name of the contact) for about 4-5 seconds and it's annoying as hell because you cannot see who is calling you.

Has this happened to you guys before? Did I install something bad? Or is there a config somewhere that I need to turn on/off?

Thanks in advance for your help!

:welcome: to the forum :D After that 4-5 seconds do you see the pic you have assigned to them? It sounds like something is hanging up your system causing it to lag. Do you have any task killers installed?

OP
M

mobilebuddha

Reaction score
hmm... looks like adding the facebook account and removing the facebook account "did" the trick.. I no longer have the "unknown" graphic anymore. Still.. I think it's just stupid that someone has to do that to get rid of it.. Wish I still have it so I can take a picture of it so more of you know what I'm referring to. heh.

anyways. thanks for the help! I must say.. coming from an iPhone user.. Android has been quite refreshing (in a very good way). I personally can't wait for the xoom tablet myself.. but am also looking forward to hear about the iPad2 announcement.