Unknown email address

dnomyar1

Reaction score
Hello, I was in the process of adding music ringtones (made by ringdroid) and toward the end of the list, I found my home email address AND a gmail account that I've never seen before. Funny thing is - it does not show up on my contacts and I can not find the name anywhere else. I don't know if the tech who set up my phone put that address on my phone, but I'd like to remove it - but I don't know how. I have no way to access it . . . unless I'm not looking in the right place. Any help/suggestions for this would be extremely welcome!

Thanks.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hello, I was in the process of adding music ringtones (made by ringdroid) and toward the end of the list, I found my home email address AND a gmail account that I've never seen before. Funny thing is - it does not show up on my contacts and I can not find the name anywhere else. I don't know if the tech who set up my phone put that address on my phone, but I'd like to remove it - but I don't know how. I have no way to access it . . . unless I'm not looking in the right place. Any help/suggestions for this would be extremely welcome!

Thanks.

If that's the case, you should see it listed in Settings > Accounts & Sync. If so, click it and the new screen will say "Remove Account" at the bottom.

OP
D

dnomyar1

Reaction score
Nope. Looked there. All I see is my auto backup account and my gmail account. I do not see my home email anywhere nor the mystery email. Any other thoughts?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nope. Looked there. All I see is my auto backup account and my gmail account. I do not see my home email anywhere nor the mystery email. Any other thoughts?

It shouldn't be on your phone then. May just have something to do with Ringdroid. Try sending an email to it and see if it notifies YOU or someone else. I opened my Ringdroid and don't see ANY email addresses there.

OP
D

dnomyar1

Reaction score
Well, it's not when you open ringdroid - it is when you attempt to add a ringtone you've created. After you get the ringtone you want, it asks if you want to save it or assign the tone. When I chose the assign, everything worked as it should. It wasn't until I got to the very bottom of my list of contacts when I discovered them. I'm pretty sure ringdroid hasn't anything to do with it, it simply showed two "hidden" email address that do not show up in my contact list. One IS my home email that ends in .net - the other is a gmail.com address and it ISN'T mine!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well, it's not when you open ringdroid - it is when you attempt to add a ringtone you've created. After you get the ringtone you want, it asks if you want to save it or assign the tone. When I chose the assign, everything worked as it should. It wasn't until I got to the very bottom of my list of contacts when I discovered them. I'm pretty sure ringdroid hasn't anything to do with it, it simply showed two "hidden" email address that do not show up in my contact list. One IS my home email that ends in .net - the other is a gmail.com address and it ISN'T mine!

I see. Sorry I wasn't any help. I'm also wondering if it would be listed in a file manager like Androzip..?

OP
D

dnomyar1

Reaction score
I looked quickly at the basic file manager and didn't find anything but I'll download the software you mentioned and see what I see from there.

Thanks very much for your responses, I appreciate it.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I looked quickly at the basic file manager and didn't find anything but I'll download the software you mentioned and see what I see from there.

Thanks very much for your responses, I appreciate it.

Just looked through Androzip and didn't see anything. Idk man...its odd that its not listed in accounts though.
You're welcome! Again, I'm sorry I wasn't any help.

OP
D

dnomyar1

Reaction score
Well . . . maybe someone will see this and know the answer - then again . . . maybe not!

Thanks again for posting/replying.

Droid621

Reaction score
I saw something similar to this when using ringdroid last week... it appeared to just be a data file or something of the like. But it was an gmail address that I had sent an email to from my home pc about 5 years ago. So I think it may have been something brought over from google or gmail when I synced my contact list. You should be able to delete it by long tapping it and selecting delete off the pop up menu. Hopefully this sheds some light on it for you..:motdroidhoriz: