University IT wants to take away my Inc

cpjr

Reaction score
Its not YOUR phone. You didnt pay a penny for it so you have no say. If you want your own phone go out and buy one like everyone else.

If I were you, I would refrain from making statements until you knew what you were talking about a little more thoroughly.

1. The big discussion here is why is the android OS or an android device subject to failing there rules, when blackberry's or iphone's are fine.

2. Also, I run 2 companies and with that also have what you might call "discresionary funds" which entitles me to buy such things they may be used as work related, however may also be used for personal gain. This is part of my "benefits" of the job if you will, just like paid vacation.

Last edited:
G

Grimster

Its still NOT your phone. YOU didnt pay for it and its NOT your property. You cant just go out and start buying LCD TVs, bluray players, or any other electronics you want with a discretionary fund and pretend its yours. If you want your own Incredible go like everyone else to a Verizon store and signup for a contract or buy it unsubsidized for full price. Problem solved. Then they wont even think about trying to take your phone away obviously that would be stealing. Stop whining and pay for your own phone.
I hate when people whine about things that they didnt even pay for. Again, go to the Verizon store like everyone else and buy your own phone with your own credit card, check, or cash. Problem solved. This is not complicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'd say if the school is paying for the phone or that a phone is required for business purposes and only some phones are allowed the school has the final word. We always have a say in things. The question is how much do others listen.

To make your case I'd get a list of the business needs, then see which products meet those needs.

I've got coworkers with 2 phones. Their company phone forwards all text and phone calls to the phone they carry around most of the time. Email stays on the company phone and for the most part is really only accessed via computer anyways.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Please be sensitive to what you are posting people. Try not to offend the other person.

gould2000

Reaction score
Ask them to investigate adding this

Good for Enterprise - Android
This is used at my hospital for all android phones. While you may be the first requesting it, I am sure many more users want android phones and it is only a matter of time. Pitch is a a chance for them to get ahead of the game so to speak

OP
K

KenV

Reaction score
Its still NOT your phone. YOU didnt pay for it and its NOT your property. You cant just go out and start buying LCD TVs, bluray players, or any other electronics you want with a discretionary fund and pretend its yours. If you want your own Incredible go like everyone else to a Verizon store and signup for a contract or buy it unsubsidized for full price. Problem solved. Then they wont even think about trying to take your phone away obviously that would be stealing. Stop whining and pay for your own phone.
I hate when people whine about things that they didnt even pay for. Again, go to the Verizon store like everyone else and buy your own phone with your own credit card, check, or cash. Problem solved. This is not complicated.

AGAIN: They are banning Android phones from accessing University email, regardless of who purchased the phone. That is the point. If you want to continue to argue with me about the difference between ownership and being the primary user of a device purchased with my discretionary funds, PM me and I'd be happy to tell you the reasons that you are SOOOO off the mark here.

Last edited:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Folks I will be watching this thread very closely. Keep it civil!