Universal inbox and google

ihf

Reaction score
seems to work

home screen > long-hold > shortcuts > activities > universal inbox works on my Droid 2.

ihf

Reaction score
System Version: 2.3.30.A955.Verizon.en.US
Android Version: 2.2

Reaction score
It seems activites might be a launcher pro option, but even after adding it, it does the same thing as dragging and dropping the universal inbox app from the drawer to a screen, it just bypasses the overview of showing all the individual accounts and goes straight to the rss type universal inbox threaded messages from all of said accounts.

mgladden2

Reaction score
That was the whole point of my post: with OS 2.2.1 on a brand new Droid X with the above-mentioned system version, you *can't* just drag the Universal Inbox out to the homescreen desktop. It won't allow it, nor is there any other way to create a shortcut to it. The reason you are able to just drag it is almost certainly because you installed LPP. I plan on doing the same thing later today. I'm just amazed Motorola's team could be so clueless about such a basic necessity. It makes me think they designed these phones as toys instead of serious smartphones for personal *and* business use.

luifer.rivas

Reaction score
GMail doesn't show up in the universal inbox, unless you set it up as IMAP (via the normal "Email" option) or as Corporate Sync (which should be possible now I believe).

Can someone please post the steps to add Gmail to the universal inbox through the Corporate Sync option?

Obviously going to 'My Account' is the first step, then 'add account' then 'Corporate Sync'

My big question is, what do you put for the Gmail 'domain' and 'server'?[/QUOTE]

For 'corporate sync' example 1
mail:[email protected]
user: [email protected]
(blank) domain:
password: mypassword
server: m.google.com

if you have google apps in your business use:
mail:[email protected]
user: [email protected]
(blank) domain:
(google server mobile)server: m.google.com

HOTMAIL
email:[email protected]
user:[email protected]
(blank) domain:
server: m.hotmail.com

if your email es [email protected], that means you must change email and user, server is the same that hotmail has