Unique Skins - Gel

J&T

Reaction score
We have had the Invisible Shields put on our droid phones. He has a full body shield, while my phone only has the screen protector.
After only having his shield installed for less than 2 days, it's peeling off everywhere. Mine is fine w/the screen only, but I'd like a little more protection and I don't like cases.
Has anyone used the gel skins made by Unique Skins? It looks fairly durable but we'd rather get opinons from others that may have used it.
I don't need alot of durability, but he uses his phone in a contruction type atmosphere at work and need the best protection he can get for his phone.
Thanks in advance!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have had the Invisible Shields put on our droid phones. He has a full body shield, while my phone only has the screen protector.
After only having his shield installed for less than 2 days, it's peeling off everywhere. Mine is fine w/the screen only, but I'd like a little more protection and I don't like cases.
Has anyone used the gel skins made by Unique Skins? It looks fairly durable but we'd rather get opinons from others that may have used it.
I don't need alot of durability, but he uses his phone in a contruction type atmosphere at work and need the best protection he can get for his phone.
Thanks in advance!

I think if you truly want the best protection for the Droid you can get you would get an Otter Box. But it's not quite out yet. Take a look here for a preview.

OP
J

J&T

Reaction score
Thanks.. that would be great for him probably, but I don't need that much protection. We'll have to keep a lookout for it.
Would love to see some feedback on the gel one though so see how it has worked for some.

OpalCat

Reaction score
It isn't the gel case, but the Seidio Innocase barely feels like you have a case on at all. And it comes in pretty colors :)

will.anaya

Reaction score
Thanks in advance!

i have used similar products on my second to last phone, Lg Vu, and have one currently on my sony prs-505. however, i got mine from decalgirl.com (lots of great designs and they give you a free wallpaper that completes the picture on the front of the device)

the gel covers feel great, i believe offers a better grip of the device. never had a problem with the decals peeling off, but they were designed to come off easily in order to put back on correctly. i have had my sony 505 covered for over a year and it has yet to peel or show signs of wear and tear.

however, these weren't designed for construction sites. the decals go on in pieces so i'm not sure the droid will hold up with all the dust/dirt flying around. the otterbox maybe what you need.

Rayv

Reaction score
I use the unique skins gelskin myself. The Gelskin isn't likely to fall apart or be peel off when you don't want it to. It isn't easy to scratch or hurt, but it also doesn't cover much of the actual phone. I don't use the cover on the front of mine on the droid (looked tacky imo). I just have a steinhil crystal cover on the front. To give you an idea of how much of the actual phone is exposed with the gelskin here is a photo of mine:
droidskin.jpg

You may want to consider unique skin's scratch resistant skin. My friend ordered one for her phone and absolutely loves it. Those cover much more of the phone including the sides.