Unique Problem Please help!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mike919, May 25, 2010.

1. mike919

mike919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, So I've run into a rather intriguing problem while I was trying to load ZD new Desire ALPHA... Which led me to an entirely different problem.

NONE of my nandroids will ever boot after restored. They all bootloop after the Moto Logo.

I'll make a backup after flashing my recovery image. The backup and nandroid folder are all created as supposed to be. I have multiple backups now of my smoked glass that once I try restoring, just bootloop. No matter what.

Has ANYONE else ever heard of this??? I obviously cannot load the Desire ALPHA until I figure out why all my backups just bootloop. Even stock backups bootloop. How can a backup of a stock layout/kernel bootloop?? Obviously there is no kernel issue because it ran fine prior to creating the backup... Ideas??? Thoughts????

2. killabyte

killabyte Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    What did you use to make the back ups - sprecovery or clockwork?

3. mike919

mike919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Oops, sorry! I use SPRecovery 3b

for backup AND restore purposes.

4. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe one or more of your partitions are corrupt. First try copying all of the stuff you want to save from the sdcard to your pc and then format the sdcard and then copy your stuff back. If that doesnt fix it, try wiping /boot and (or) /system (warning: this will render the phone unbootable until you restore a backup!!), if that doesnt work I would try reflashing with RSDlite since I heard that will get rid of bad blocks.

5. killabyte

killabyte Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure what to tell you Mike. I'm slammed at the moment here at work or i'd do a little reading. I had a problem getting backups to work between clockwork and sprecovery but not sure what could be causing your problem.

6. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yea CWM and SPR use different types of images so they wont work with each other.

7. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    When you make the backup... you can choose to do the "Simple" one... or do the advanced one... and select which partitions you want.

My suggestion is this:
    1. Restore your most favorite nandroid backup. DON'T WORRY if it bootloops.
    2. Install an adamz/chevyno1 kernel using the update.zip method.

Specifically for step 2... select the SPR "mount" to mount /sdcard ****or**** use adb push to put update.zip on it.

Then "allow update.zip" and then install it.

I suspect the kernel is the problem, and it wasn't saved properly. If you do this it should fix your boot loop.

Best

E

8. mike919

mike919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've flashed using the SBF file at least 15-20 times now. as once I try a nandroid restore it bootloops an NO other restore will work after that. I've formatted my SD card 3 times now along with doing factory reset on the phone at least twice.

What i'm going to do is flash my recovery using droid root helper and the terminal without touching clockworkmod OR my SD card... and see if a restore works...

9. mike919

mike919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My smoked glass backup runs adamz 1.1 kernel and i ran that for over a month. No problems. so why a bootloop would occur after a nandroid is my problem... i can't figure out why.

10. mike919

mike919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    well, flashed back to 2.0.1... rooted to 2.1... wiped my sd card, factory wiped through settings, created new account, downloaded new tools folder for droidroothelper, created new nandroid folder... created backup.
    put one of my old backups in my nandroid folder, tried to restore and just bootloops. i *$#(%$ing quit.

11. killabyte

killabyte Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    try a different card mike, although they might not help. it sounds like either what your backups were saved on was corrupted or they were wrote as corrupted. i'd say get a nandroid back up from online somewhere and try it on a new card.

have you been overclocking it by chance?

12. mike919

mike919 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I do overclock, but each time i've tried a restore, I made sure SETCPU was not running. Other times not even installed... It can't be my memory card as I install the Smoked Glass ROM all the time using SPRecovery. No problem reading that data... maybe its just a problem with the data written by the phone??? I dont know... all i know is I can transfer data and see all data when connected to a PC, and my PC always reads the card... maybe my PHONE is writing bad data to the card??