Unique Notification sounds...

Rastakull

Reaction score
Is it possible to have a unique notification sound for email, one for sms, and another one for facebook messages?

OP
R

Rastakull

Reaction score
Is there a hack/app that will let me get a different notification sound for when I get an email, sms, and facebook message? It would be very helpful to know if i was just getting an email as opposed to an text message without having to open my phone.

Dayhve

Reaction score
In each app (mail, fb, sms), you can assign individual notification ringtones. ANDdDDD you could always use light flow to change the color of your led.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be able to. I have a separate notification sound for each type of email (Google, Yahoo, Cox) and when I get an SMS message via Handcent. I don't really have Facebook set up for messaging.

Heck, add an app like Light Flow and you can even change the colors on the LED to have a different color for each notification.

Last edited:

gmorgan056

Reaction score
you can give facebook it's own notification. Open FB, hit menu, Settings then scroll down to notification ringtone.

B

bens42608

For gmail; menu , settings , click on ur account , go down to Labels to notify ... and there's the notification ringtone settings

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dags5000

Reaction score
Yea no need for a hack or any app.. this is built into most apps that u can assign whatever notification settings u want. Just check the settings in each app u care about.

B

bens42608

In gmail u go to menu...settings....click on ur account... go down to the bottom and there will be notification ringtone