1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

UnInstalling SPRecovery Help!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DroidDefDoes, Jul 1, 2010.

1. DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes New Member

I was debating on weather to root or not and I went as far as Flashing SPRecovery...I am still running and stock 2.1 Droid but need to know if SPRecovery will b lock the Froyo update that we should be receiving hopefully this July? If it blocks the update how to I uninstall it so Im back to a complete stock 2.1 Droid?
  2. Tallica

Tallica Premium Member Premium Member

RSD Lite and .sbf
  3. DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes New Member

So just download the 2.0.1 spf file? Flash it in RSD Lite and then when phones done rebooting go to ABout Phone,Chefk for system updates and it should then download 2.1?
  4. Tallica

correct, when your done you'll have 2.0.1 stock, no root, stock recovery, then just let it dowload and install 2.1.
  5. DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes New Member

6. Tallica

If you just have SPR, no root, then I THINK it will let you know when 2.2 is available, I know most custom Roms block OTA's but not sure about just SPR.
  7. DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes New Member

Thank you.lol....Im just gonna leave it as is just incase I do decide to root...I went into my Droid to check for updates and it gave me my system is up to date...Im hearing many things on SPRecovery...But honestly if worse come to worse I could always flash Froyo when the time comes Im sure...Or just install a custom ROM. :).Thank you for all your help.
  8. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

That's correct you can receive Froyo without being rooted, however if you get the latest version it will root your phone at that time. The last two versions, and this latest one is "official" come with root. The real official won't be rooted of course, this is just the same version for people who want to stay rooted or might want to root for the first time.

After you have downloaded SPRecovery you would do an advanced backup. Check everything off. I recommend a wipe. I would then unzip the folder making sure there are only 3 items in there, put it in the Nandroid folder and then do a restore. That's how I originally did mine. Current directions however say just rename the file to update.zip and just put it on the SD card. Either way should work. You won't have to go back to 2.0.1, you'll be rooted and have the latest edition of Froyo 2.2 on your Droid.
  9. DroidDefDoes

DroidDefDoes New Member

Thanks!....Good to know as long as Im not rooted that I can still recieve the ota for Froyo when Verizon decides to send it to our Droids... Im still debating on weather or not I should root and install a custom ROM. lol
Search tags for this page

sprecovery blocking froyo update?