Uninstalling bloatware

cwill68

Reaction score
I am so fed up w/ this stupid phone, but I want to uninstall the bloatware it came w/ to free up some room. My problem is that I am not very technology-friendly and everything I've looked up is written in techno-friendly speak so I'm just really confused. If someone could explain it to me in the simplest terms (pretend you're telling your grandma or the uncle that still types w/ 2 fingers and loves AOL), I would be sooooo grateful. I want to get rid of Amazon, Amazon MP3, City ID, Car home, Gmail, LG Social, Skype, MySpace, and ThinkFree Office. If uninstalling any of those will cause a problem, please let me know. And if there is anything else I can get rid of, I'd love to know that as well. It says "Android version 2.2.2" if that helps at all. Thank you SOOOOO much for any help that you can give me. I'm about to throw this thing out the window and my contract doesn't expire til February, so if the next 9 months could be less painful than they are now, that would be AMAZING

syndicate0017

Silver Member
Reaction score
You have to be rooted first. And you never want to uninstall bloatware. You want either an application that freezes the bloatware or you need to rename the bloatware.

You do need to be rooted first. I suggest looking up rooting options for your phone. I believe super one click will work but I'm not certain.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Einsteindks

Reaction score
SOME bloatware can be removed, but updates from Verizon need to see them to recognize a 'valid' phone. Since Verizon has essentially abandoned the phone, why not Max out the potential? Velocity 1.2.2 builds on FroYo 2.2.2, but is more compact, and NO bloatware. Maybe lots of stuff you won't know how to use in it, but you won't easilly/accidentally change/delete anything, IF you continue to use the phone as you're have been.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2