Uninstalling Apps

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by jimtobin2, May 4, 2010.

1. jimtobin2

jimtobin2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Specifically, i'm not able to uninstall the Amazon MP3 app on my droid. i'm able to unishtall others, but not Amazon. please enlighten...

2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is an app that came on the system. I think thats stupid personally. You can only remove it if you root your phone and delete it, thats what I did. Otherwise I think your out of luck...

3. J*Bishop

J*Bishop Member

Ratings:
    +0
    unless you're rooted and running a rom i don't think its possible to uninstall apps that are preloaded onto the phone. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

4. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forum, jimtobin2! We're glad that you've decided to join us! If you have no use for the Amazon MP3 app, (I know I don't use it) simply LONG PRESS on it until the icon 'vibrates' and then drag it to the bottom of your screen and the app tray handle magically turns red and becomes a trash can. You can remove any of the native apps that came stock with the phone this way. If you get stuck on anything else, just post a question in the appropriate area and someone will be along to help you out. Enjoy!

:welcome:

5. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    This coming from the rescue squad haha. You can only remove shortcuts this way. As was stated earlier, you cannot remove any apps that came preloaded on the droid unless you root it (which allows you to mess with everything on the phone, like being an administrator on a windows comp, but it voids your warranty).

6. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Most new folks just want the shortcuts gone from the screen for the apps they'll never use. Lighten up a little, pyro...

7. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    hahaha well in order to lighten up that would imply that I cared to begin with. For me to care, that would mean that I had some sort of personal stake in the outcome, which I assure you I do not. That being said, the information you gave was wrong, its really that simple. I don't dislike you, nor do I have any negative feelings toward you that I would have to "lighten up" from. The op asked how to uninstall the app. They stated that they had uninstalled other apps but couldnt uninstall this one. The reason for that being that it is a native app and can't be uninstalled without rooting. That is the correct answer. You made an assumption based on no information provided. I simply pointed out that it was funny that the wrong answer came from someone on the rescue squad. Had it been any other member of the rescue squad, I would have found it just as amusing and would have provided the exact same response. Hopefully that cleared up any confusion.