Uninstalled 'Where' app, still asks to be updated

get quad

Reaction score
I'm getting a little tired of seeing that the 'Where' app is still asking to be updated in the market even though I removed it from my phone.

Ideas on how to stop?

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you sure its removed?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
this happened to me, even worse actually. I installed an app and didnt want it, so i uninstalled and refunded... Later that day I realized I DID want it, but it said it was still installed so I couldnt pay and download it again? So odd? I didnt know how to fix it at the time so I did a clean system wipe... sux

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
bump in the hopes someone see this and knows the fix. All I can assume at this point is the issue is likely with my market account.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have this same issue with the Visual Voicemail app by VZW...I just ignore the request to update...LOL

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
bump with the hope that someone else who has this issue knows how to fix

les017

Reaction score
bump with the hope that someone else who has this issue knows how to fix

Try going Menu...Settings...Applications...ApplicationSettings...Filter...Downloaded

Then see if there is anything with even a hint of"Where" in the title. Not positive but I believe that this is where market update info is kept and there could be little where-nuggets hiding and reporting from there.

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
Nope, as stated previously I figured a fulltext search for 'where' via Astro would have given the biggest clue in that regard.

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
bump again, hopefully someone very intimate with the internal workings of the Market and Android OS can provide some insight.

OP
G

get quad

Reaction score
final bump to say that a recovery mode factory reset and cache wipe fixed this issue

Also fixed a lot more, namely speed and app issues I've had no doubt as a result of doing manual upgrades from 2.0 and 2.01. Stock phone runs like a dream after the factory reset and app reinstalls. Highly recommended, takes about 1 hr to get everything reinstalled/configured.