Uninstalled lookout with titanium backup

Haley

Reaction score
Hello everyone, hopefully you can help me out with this issue I'm having..

Upon being unable to uninstall lookout, I failed to read about how you need to go into locations & security ->select device admins -> and remove lookout there in order to uninstall.

So I went ahead and uninstalled using titanium backup.
Now, I'm left with the square blue icon with the settings logo in the middle, and when I click it it says "This application is not installed"
When I try to uninstall it again, it says "Uninstall unsuccessful"

SO my question is how do I get rid of this ugly unusable icon?
Any help is appreciated
Thank you

bros

Reaction score
Try reinstall it and then uninstall it

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
H

Haley

Reaction score
I can't reinstall since it is already "installed"

bros

Reaction score
If so then try remove the icon from your home screen by long press the unusable icon and drag it to trash. Try uninstall it from setting/ application/ manage application look for lookout app long press it then uninstall.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

bros

Reaction score
From the home screen on your device, go to Menu > Settings > Location & Security Settings, scroll down to Select Device Administrators (select), then uncheck Lookout as a Device Administrator, this will take you to a new screen, at the bottom of the screen select Deactivate, and then Ok.

OP
H

Haley

Reaction score
Dragging to the trashcan does nothing. Lookout doesn't even appear in device administators or manage applications.

bros

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I have the droid razr and I was able to uninstall it just fine, what kink of phone do you have?, have you try to contact the developer they may be able to give you more clear direction base on the type of phone you have.

bros

Reaction score
In order to uninstall Lookout after you have granted it device admin status...

1) From the home screen on your device, go to Menu > Settings > Location & Security Settings, scroll down to Select Device Administrators (select), then uncheck Lookout as a Device Administrator, this will take you to a new screen, at the bottom of the screen select Deactivate, and then Ok.

2) Once you have completed the above steps, you will be able to delete our app the same way you would normally delete any other app - settings > applications > manage applications > lookout > uninstall.

If you'd like to cancel your account, just log in to mylookout.com, click 'account' at the upper right, and then at the bottom of that page, use the "Delete Your Account" link. If you're looking to just stop getting email notifications, then use the 'Notifications' preferences on that page instead to change that.

As long as your data is at Lookout it will remain your own and will never be accessed by any other user, nor will it ever be sold, bartered, traded, or provided to other commercial organizations. Please review our terms of service for specifics: https://www.mylookout.com/legal/terms. Please review Lookout's Privacy and Security Principles here: https://www.mylookout.com/legal/privacy_principles

If you're having some trouble with the site or the software though, let us know, and we'll be glad to help you, if not, we'd definitely love to hear your feedback and or suggestions on how we can make the software a better product, what you liked and didn't, so that we can make it something really amazing!

Thanks for using Lookout!

Brian Noble,
The Lookout Team
Lookout (@Lookout) on Twitter
http://www.mylookout.com
Lookout | Facebook

[h=3]Source(s):[/h]http://www.mylookout.com

OP
H

Haley

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, I have the droid razr and I was able to uninstall it just fine, what kink of phone do you have?, have you try to contact the developer they may be able to give you more clear direction base on the type of phone you have.

The problem is due to uninstalling the app using titanium backup, not due to my phone model

bros

Reaction score
Don't mean to dig into your personal devices, but just want to suggest that different phone or device do work differently. base on your particular device, uninstall any apps may vary. your best bet is to contact the developer of the apps as i included in the other reply.
Thanks and good luck!