1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Uninstalled JuiceDefender, battery life up 20-30%

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by virtueoftheabsurd, Aug 13, 2010.

1. virtueoftheabsurd

virtueoftheabsurd New Member

Earlier this week, I uninstalled JuiceDefender because it often kept my APN off even after I turned on the screen. Remarkably, my battery improved notably. I work a very regular schedule, so I get medium usage 9a-10a, low usage 10a-6p, and high usage 6p-10p.

With JD running (Monday, Tuesday), I would be at 40% at 10 pm. Without JD (Wednesday, Thursday), I was at 60 or 70%.

To be honest, I'm disappointed. JD seems like such a cool idea. I'm also generally skeptical of people who say that an individual background app can drain this much battery. But that's how it goes!

I run BB v.4 with Chevy's 800 MHz. YMMV.
  2. trainstroker

trainstroker New Member

Thanks for the info. On this note, i'll disable JD and see what my battery life is like... Thing is my memory is too short to remember my usage habits (mine vary wildly)
  3. Psychlone

Psychlone New Member

I've long been a UJ/JD user, but after using Lithium for a week with JDLFG's 800MHz Froyo kernel, I noticed this same exact thing.

I've used JD since it was in alpha form, and still have access to all the betas, which I try regularly.
    And, it's always worked just like the tin says...always increasing my battery life by *almost* as much as it says it was (usually in the 2.x times range) - it has always been within about 2% of actual time, so I'd call that close enough!

However, after trying out the Lithium ROM, I was back to 6 or 7 hours MAX of battery life, so I switched kernels to Chevyno1's 800MHz ULV. It increased battery life to 8, maybe 9 hours, but still unacceptable.
    Switched to JDLFG's 800MHz (2.6.32.9) and got about 14 hours, which was an improvement, but still not quite where I was.

Uninstalled UJ/JD, and am right now sitting at 70% with 23h 19m since unplugged with moderate usage (1h 38m voice calls, 37m Skyfire, ~60 texts (inc. a few pix and flix)

I'll be forwarding the logs from JD to the dev. Clearly something's not quite right in some of these builds with some of the newer ROMs.

Psychlone
  4. FireFoxMcCloud

FireFoxMcCloud New Member

Yeah. I disabled mine a few days ago and made it to 13 hours on battery life. A first.
  5. psiuglen

psiuglen New Member

I think I am actually still on 1.74 for now (running a Chevy 1.1 ULV on BB 0.4) as I had either installation problems or some of the later ones just wouldn't work at all.

Got around 36 hours the other day (plugged in at 10%) with some browsing, phone calls, texting included. Was pretty happy with that.
  6. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

See I'm confused by juice defender. I *thought* it was working but then I kept reading that disabling apn was gsm only? I tried to do a battery comparison one day and it turned out to be the same? So I have it uninstalled.

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid
  7. psiuglen

psiuglen New Member

He got it working on cdma phones awhile back...though it certainly is a work in progress. I am sticking with the version I have for now but have tried a bunch out. Probably around 10 apks stashed on my sdcard. He is constantly tweaking, I signed up for the google group for it so I can try various releases.

8. JonKyu

JonKyu New Member

Thanks for the heads up! Any chance to link the google group?

Sent from my Tapatalk using Droid
  9. psiuglen

psiuglen New Member

JuiceDefender | Google Groups

But it require(s/ed) sign up and iits mving to another site, I did get an email on vacation now thatt I think about it. Probably worth the few minutes to sign up when the app is working (and when you find a release that works on your phone/kernel/rom) its worth it.
Search tags for this page
compare juice defender vs
how to delete juice defender
how to get juice defender completely off my android

how to remove juice defender

how to uninstall juice defender

juice defender can i delete
juice defender comparison table

juice defender drains battery

juice defender tutorial

juice defender uninstall

juicedefender battery drain