1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Uninstalled HOME++, Droid zips again.

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by DroidPDX, Feb 13, 2010.

1. DroidPDX

DroidPDX New Member

I didn't realize how bogged down my phone was until I decided to uninstall HOME++ about a month after I installed it.

Makes a huge difference. The extra screens and the small icons aren't worth it.

The only thing I really miss is the reorientation of the screen when it's in desktop mode.

Other than that, I like the phone much better now that it's back to the OEM home screen. It no longer acts like my Blackberry Storm. It's like lightning again. I had forgotten.
  2. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Damn. I like their little launcher IF they would use icons that make sense. Not having GMail and SMS icons on the launcher is positively stupid.
  3. Stigy

Stigy New Member

I have had no problems with my phone lagging due to Home++ and I have seen quite a few members saying the same thing.

Hmmm - this is interesting.
  4. Mr.Miagi

Mr.Miagi New Member

Been using Home++ for a long time, love it, except for the stupid icons, doesnt really slow down my phone. Maybe try re installing?
  5. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I had the same experience. After uninstall I ran WAY faster. That's why I'm waiting for another way to get 5 screens - hopefully 2.1.
  6. jtaliani

jtaliani New Member

I've had good luck with Home++. I don't think I could go back to life without the power bar.
  7. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I had to uninstall this app too. I hated doing that because I really loved it. I still like it better than any of the home screen programs I seen and I've tried them all. I this doesn't mean it will lag everyone's phone, but it lags mine. If they ever make the changes necessary for it to run bug free on my phone, I will load it again in a heartbeat.
  8. ASN-121

ASN-121 New Member

I agree.
    After rooting, I considered running the new launcher, but it ate up memory like no other, that, and it kept FC'ing whenever I reoriented the phone.
  9. DroidPDX

DroidPDX New Member

Honestly, I thought it was such a great program, but once I went back to the OEM home screens yesterday, and kept Beautiful Home (small) widget, I found three screens is plenty for those apps I really use. Plus, I didn't need Pandora, Media player and YouTube widgets, those took up lots of space. Just an icon works.

I use one screen for mostly direct dials, another for maps, Track It (which I love), Handcent, Gmail, Phone, contacts, and another for news, market, recorder, gallery, etc.

Plus, I find it easier to access Emails and texts with the notify bar, which had disappeared before.

Works for me. And for those of you who say it's no slower, try uninstalling it and then see what happens. I forgot how fast the Droid was, and thought there was no lag, but wasn't realizing it until I saw the difference once I went back.

You won't know until you uninstall it.
  10. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Check out this thread I started several weeks ago with the same findings as you. And, the replies of others who noticed the same thing when they uninstalled Home++ - I loved the application however I just couldn't take the lag any longer.

Link: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...11565-back-stock-home-screen-anyone-else.html
  11. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I loved the power bar also - but then I learned the proper use of the magnifier button on the droid and that does EVERYTHING you want to do without the need for any app.

12. lockman

lockman New Member

I've uninstalled, and reinstalled home++ a couple times, and currently feel that my phone's quicker without it, but I really miss it.
  13. re410

re410 New Member

Please enlighten us as to the proper use of the magnifier button. If it can do everything the power strip does, I can drop home++.
  14. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

There is a whole thread about the magnifying glass button but I don't remember where it is...

If press it, you go to search. If you hold it down then you use your voice to do nearly anything the phone can do.

For example say call someone, navigate to, etc... it takes nearly every command the phone is capable of by voice. You can say map and a location and it does. It's pretty amazing.
  15. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I wish that worked for me. The phone really cannot understand a word I'm saying.
  16. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Man you really set yourself up for some funny responses but I will resist :icon_ devil:

17. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

:(

I don't think I have an accent, but my wife says I do. *shrug*
  18. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

Accent played no part in the joke...:icon_ banana:
  19. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

I know. :(
  20. ASN-121

ASN-121 New Member

Have any of you tried out Sweeter Home? I just installed it last night. It's not the most end-user friendly, but talk about customization! It has 5 screens (left, center, right, up, down), and can be set up with a number of different options. Right now, I have mine set up with Beautiful Widgets at the top, a phone and SMS button on the bottom left and right corners, respectively, a list of my most used apps in between (scrollable like the power strip), and right now I've got the rest of the screen set up with the total list of apps in the center (kind of like the iPhone). I just threw this together in about an hour or so, there's a lot more that can be modified, such as cell padding so that I don't have half an icon showing at the end of the app list, or things called 'springboards' can be added to toggle visibility of things like the app list or my most used programs, etc.
    It's an extremely beta program, but so far, it's one of the best I've used in terms of customization, though there's definitely a lot involved in creating your own theme. And if you don't want to take your time doing that, you can just load pre-made themes, I'm just picky and like my phone my way.

Attached Files: