Uninstall Update??

shellmeyer

Reaction score
Updated an app & now realized that updated app isn't as good. On other phone, I was able to uninstall the update. Does anyone know if there is as way to do that on ics? Doesn't appear to be that I can see.
Thx!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Updated an app & now realized that updated app isn't as good. On other phone, I was able to uninstall the update. Does anyone know if there is as way to do that on ics? Doesn't appear to be that I can see.
Thx!

Go to menu >Settings >apps>downloaded find the app and see if it allows you uninstall updates in upper right of the display. If it doesn't give you the option to uninstall updates then uninstall the app and download it again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

OP
shellmeyer

shellmeyer

Reaction score
Thx 4 ur response JP. Yeah, I already saw there wasn't an option to uninstall the update from the manage app drawer...was hoping there was another "magical" option! Don't know why they "improve" what's not broken! Anyway, thx for ur help!

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Thx 4 ur response JP. Yeah, I already saw there wasn't an option to uninstall the update from the manage app drawer...was hoping there was another "magical" option! Don't know why they "improve" what's not broken! Anyway, thx for ur help!

Well there may be another way but I don't know what it. There is a way to keep from getting updates on apps but you have to be rooted and use something like Titanium Backup and freeze the app. That will keep it from getting updated, but then you can't use the app because it is frozen...Catch 22.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Just to add to this; Normally, if you uninstall an app & reinstall it, you'll be installing the newer version. Also, if you have the app set so it doesn't auto update, you'll have to do it manually. I do this with Tapatalk because the newest version broke some moderating capabilities.

What app is it? You could email the dev & ask for help.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Just to add to this; Normally, if you uninstall an app & reinstall it, you'll be installing the newer version. Also, if you have the app set so it doesn't auto update, you'll have to do it manually. I do this with Tapatalk because the newest version broke some moderating capabilities.

What app is it? You could email the dev & ask for help.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS
^^^^^:bump: