uninstall safestrap???

Hollywood67

Reaction score
I want to put eclipse v3.0 on bionic using safestrap but I can't get into safe mode anymore. when i try toggling in safestrap i wind up bricking my phone. can i uninstall safestrap? is there something i am doing wrong. rooted with motofail and running .905

help?

deduct

Reaction score
Happened to me after I updated to 905 too. I backed up my stock rom after updating and then went into safestrap and quick toggled to get back to the safe side.

OP
Hollywood67

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Whats the error you get?
error restoring /data then back to stock. just like I pulled it out of the box. very frustrating. I use titanium backup, so shouldn't I be able to restore to what I had easily?
Help on both would be appreciated!!!

OP
Hollywood67

Hollywood67

Reaction score
Happened to me after I updated to 905 too. I backed up my stock rom after updating and then went into safestrap and quick toggled to get back to the safe side.
scared cause quick toggle says dangerous, but if it works. you know how to restore?

eye_dea

Reaction score
On unsafe side, go into safestrap app and uninstall recovery ans then install recovery. Try to switch again.

If that fails, you will need to uninstall recovery in app and delete the safestrap folder on phone. Then install recovery and try to switch.

OP
Hollywood67

Hollywood67

Reaction score
On unsafe side, go into safestrap app and uninstall recovery ans then install recovery. Try to switch again.

If that fails, you will need to uninstall recovery in app and delete the safestrap folder on phone. Then install recovery and try to switch.
OK I will try but right now I don't have safestrap app showing, what to do?

Edit: Ok got everything back with tibu.
uninstalled recovery and then installed recovery switch failed

Edit: Same process finished with tibu. uninstalled recovery deleted safestrap folder on phone. Installed recovery and VIOLA switched!
Time for eclipse v3.0. Hope it works.. THANK YOU eye_dea...deduct

Last edited:

deduct

Reaction score
eye_dea said:

I have gone this route before. It does work.

eye_dea

Reaction score
Hollywood67 said:
OK I will try but right now I don't have safestrap app showing, what to do?

Your on stock, right? Are you on 905? Restore app with Tibu or redownload it.

nola

Reaction score
I'm having a silar issue after installing the .905 update via stock recovery. I installed the update and it installed correctly and fine, but now:

A: when I reboot, there's no safestrap menu/screen
B: safestrap is giving me force closes when boot up and I try and open the app
C: as a result of "B" I can't do as suggested and uninstall recovery in app then reinstall

I believe I do still have root because cheesecake is being allowed superuser permissions, but after safestrap force closed on me a couple times, I checked the logs in superuser and it's saying safestrap was denied.

Do I just need to reroot with motofail, or is there another way around that? (don't have access to my pc, I'm at work)

Thanks in advance for any help!

CamoCustom

Reaction score
I'm having a silar issue after installing the .905 update via stock recovery. I installed the update and it installed correctly and fine, but now:

A: when I reboot, there's no safestrap menu/screen
B: safestrap is giving me force closes when boot up and I try and open the app
C: as a result of "B" I can't do as suggested and uninstall recovery in app then reinstall

I believe I do still have root because cheesecake is being allowed superuser permissions, but after safestrap force closed on me a couple times, I checked the logs in superuser and it's saying safestrap was denied.

Do I just need to reroot with motofail, or is there another way around that? (don't have access to my pc, I'm at work)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Maybe try this: Go into super user and set ALLOW for safestrap? Maybe that is why its force closing, because it was not allowed permissions, possibly by accident?

nola

Reaction score
Maybe try this: Go into super user and set ALLOW for safestrap? Maybe that is why its force closing, because it was not allowed permissions, possibly by accident?

Just checked again and NO apps are showing up in the SuperUser list. Does this mean I lost root when updating?

EDIT: Just tried opening Root Explorer to test it and the app was denied - safe to assume I lost root?

Last edited:

CamoCustom

Reaction score
Just checked again and NO apps are showing up in the SuperUser list. Does this mean I lost root when updating?

EDIT: Just tried opening Root Explorer to test it and the app was denied - safe to assume I lost root?

Sounds like it, try rooting with MOTO FAIL and see what happens.

CamoCustom

Reaction score
Ugh...I'm at work and not near my laptop/cable. This may be a stupid question, but is there any way to root directly through the phone without a PC?

I am not sure on that question, There may be, but it is probably pretty extensive. Just wait until you get home to root, the phone is operating correctly still right?