Uninstall root only apps?

salem

Reaction score
I'm rooted using z4 (no custom ROM). I have several root only apps. If and when we get the gb update, do I need to un-install the root only apps before I un-root using z4?

pool_shark

Reaction score
You don't have to unroot, you don't have to uninstall any apps.
As long as you make sure the pre-installed apps are back in place, OTA updates will work, it will remove root for you. Your root only apps just won't work until you re-root, but from what I've read gingerbread isn't rooted.

Reaction score
As long as you make sure the pre-installed apps are back in place, OTA updates will work, it will remove root for you. Your root only apps just won't work until you re-root, but from what I've read gingerbread isn't rooted.

......yet.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score

......yet.

And p3's had it for a while.... was asking for ideas the other day so he's stumped....

Sent from my Liberated D2G

JBWhitley

Reaction score
With OTA, is it possible not to get the update? I M rooted with all stock apps in place. I have only had my DX for about 2 months now and dont know how OTA updates work?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App