Uninstall Madden NFL 11

timrock

Reaction score
You have to root and uninstall with titanium backup

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

kevinkar

Reaction score
Lame. When you try and play it you have to download even more data to the phone.

I purchased the phone three months ago so isn't the subsidy based on that time/price? Do they really have to ADD sponsored apps after the fact which you can't remove easily? Might as well bloat it up with more for-pay Verizon apps I won't use.

zzandzz

Reaction score
Want to uninstall Madden NFL 11 too...

I want to get rid if it too. Don't know how it appeared on my Droid X but I can't seem to uninstall it from applications -it's all grayed out. Please let me know if you figure it out & I'll do the same for you. Thx.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Keep in mind that you cannot delete it forever. Everything has to be stock in the future when you want to get ota updates.

But to get rid of everything you don't want simply root and load a custom rom or remove it.

droidXTZ

Reaction score
I know u can uninstall need for speed shift by going in to all applications in settings and clicking on need for speed and pressing uninstall and I am not rooted but I didn't see madden 11 there ill look

Sent from my Droid X

Reaction score
All I know is that you shouldn't have to root to uninstall, do what that guy above me said, it's in the settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

schatzy62

Reaction score
I know u can uninstall need for speed shift by going in to all applications in settings and clicking on need for speed and pressing uninstall and I am not rooted but I didn't see madden 11 there ill look

Sent from my Droid X

All I know is that you shouldn't have to root to uninstall, do what that guy above me said, it's in the settings.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
NFS Shift can be uninstalled via Settings > Applications > All Tab > NSF Shift > Uninstall.

BUT Madden NFL 11 is locked and Can NOT be. For Stop and Uninstall are both grayed out and can not be pressed.

So as stated in post #2 You must Root the phone first.

MrKleen

Reaction score
Just keep in mind that if you want to get future ota updates that you will have to have all these unwanted apps on your phone.

So before you uninstall it all you need to make a stock backup. That way in the future when there is going to be an update you can revert to stock so that you can be included.

Of course to make a backup you have to be rooted and bootstrapped. For those of you that came from a D1 you cannot make a backup with Rom Manager. If you try, you will think that you made a backup when in fact you didn't. Backups need to made from within Clockwork Recovery which you get to from Bootstrap. Also if you are coming from a D1 don't even bother to install rom manager because it is of no use for the D2 or X.

If you want future ota updates and you don't want to root and bootstrap then I advise you don't uninstall the forced bloatware. It is very easy to do all this, but some don't want to mess with it.

Repeat: BEFORE you delete the bloatware from your phone you need to make a stock backup if you have interest in future ota updates.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I used this tutorial to hide Madden and all the other bloatwares like blockbuster, CityID, and loads others. I went the route of Root Explorer, and it was very easy, even for me. Better yet, if I ever want to d/l a released update, I can easily just change the names back and get my update.

Removing the Bloat 2.2 OTA - (3 Ways) Super Easy & Safe, Safe & Easy, Free

Thats a good way to do it! Or you can also use Titanium Backup and "freeze" the appear, then undressed in the future.

Rocko

Reaction score
So you can not get any OTA updates if you uninstall Need For Speed? I don't see why this would be when they give you that option without being rooted.

dadarkside

Reaction score
Just keep in mind that if you want to get future ota updates that you will have to have all these unwanted apps on your phone.

So before you uninstall it all you need to make a stock backup. That way in the future when there is going to be an update you can revert to stock so that you can be included.

Of course to make a backup you have to be rooted and bootstrapped. For those of you that came from a D1 you cannot make a backup with Rom Manager. If you try, you will think that you made a backup when in fact you didn't. Backups need to made from within Clockwork Recovery which you get to from Bootstrap. Also if you are coming from a D1 don't even bother to install rom manager because it is of no use for the D2 or X.

If you want future ota updates and you don't want to root and bootstrap then I advise you don't uninstall the forced bloatware. It is very easy to do all this, but some don't want to mess with it.

Repeat: BEFORE you delete the bloatware from your phone you need to make a stock backup if you have interest in future ota updates.

+1

if you uninstall the bloat and then try to install OTA updates it will fail. you need to have a fresh backup of the OS plus system apps before removing any of the bloat. trust me, i learned the hard way....