uninstall liberty and unroot

ratcrib

Reaction score
Hello,

I got my first smartphone 4 days ago. Rooted it 2 days ago using superoneclick.exe

installed rom manager, then liberty toolbox and a bunch of mods.

I need to unroot completely. everything wiped and back to stock (as long as i still keep my verizon number working, of course, i don't mind erasing everything.

please please help me. i want to download a file that will put me back to factory 100%.

nothing worked as far as recovery/bootstrap, etc.

every time i tried all my themes/liberty is still there - i cannot get rid of it.

I literally just want to format my phone and reinstall the 2.2.1

OP
ratcrib

ratcrib

Reaction score
Look for the SBF file for your phone here on the forums. That will get you back to stock. Just out of curiosity, why are you unrooting? Do you have another problem we could help you with?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

thanks for your swift reply. the reason for unrooting is that i don't feel comfortable with the whole thing. The main reason for rooting was to remove bloatware, but then i got deeper and deeper and next thing i know i can't modify liberty (have to force quit)...

Is there a chance you could point me to the sbf (i dont even know what that stands for lol) and what to do with it/how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Give me a bit to get to my laptop and I'll post a link for you. Don't forget there's an entire community here that can offer you help in learning if you want to stay rooted. I felt the same way when I first rooted my phone. There weren't any "one-click" rooting apps out there. I was scared sh&-&$#% I was going to brick my phone. I read a hundred articles then just did it. No looking back now. I usually just flash ROMS using my phone and hardly a computer. I understand feeling over your head. If you want to reroot, the forums will be here to help. Give me about 30-60 minutes to post the link. Btw, what type of phone do you have?

OP
ratcrib

ratcrib

Reaction score
Give me a bit to get to my laptop and I'll post a link for you. Don't forget there's an entire community here that can offer you help in learning if you want to stay rooted. I felt the same way when I first rooted my phone. There weren't any "one-click" rooting apps out there. I was scared sh&-&$#% I was going to brick my phone. I read a hundred articles then just did it. No looking back now. I usually just flash ROMS using my phone and hardly a computer. I understand feeling over your head. If you want to reroot, the forums will be here to help. Give me about 30-60 minutes to post the link. Btw, what type of phone do you have?

thanks for the reply - i have a droid x i got from verizon last friday.

now it won't boot up it's stuck at the "liberty" text load screen.

i can still get into the /!\ mode by removing battery, then holding the home button and pressing power.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
OP
ratcrib

ratcrib

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-rooted-help/100038-complete-droid-x-sbf-flashing-guide.html

There you go. This is a guide on how to do what you are wanting. If you have any other questions, let me know and I will either help you find the answer, or I can direct you to the Rescue Squad here on droidforums. They have great skills and will be able to help us/you through any bumps in the road. Let me know how it goes.

thanks very much firefighter. It all went well and much easier than i thought it would.

now i can root it again, AFTER I back everything up lol.

Thanks again.