Uninstall google goggles????????????

Pointman84

Reaction score
HOW in the hell do you uninstall this app. It wont let you click it to uninstall. I really hate this app anyways bc its never right

rusray

Reaction score
I could be mistaken, but I believe the last update made it part of the OS. Unless you're rooted you can't uninstall it. Sorry!

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Root your phone and download an app such as Root Explorer. Otherwise, Goggles is there to stay.

eclsnowman

Reaction score
easiest way while rooted is with free version of titanium backup. Just click on any software (Corp Cal, Email, Facebook, Whatever), then click uninstall. Easy.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lol, I was wondering how it got on my phone. I did have it at one time but then I did a hard reset and never got it back. Part of 2.1, that explains it.

JeffK627

Reaction score
Just stopping by to say once again - Google, stop being so f**king arrogant. Let us uninstall this thing, a lot of people hate it.

OhioDroid80

Reaction score
I think I've used the pointless app 3 times. I tried it with a book at Walmart which it knew and provided a little bit of info on but the other two things (which I don't remember exactly what they were but it wasn't anything unique), it had NO idea! At least it's not memory hog or battery drainer so it can just "sit and collect dust" with no real issues. ;)

jarby

Reaction score
Amazon MP3 runs in the background on my phone....I have to kill it manually all the time...I can't even stand looking at the icon anymore. It boots up on restart as well (at least on my phone)......I would LOVE to uninstall both of them. Even the Quick Uninstaller app I have says it can't uninstall either of them......:icon_evil:

I really don't want to have to root my phone to get rid of apps I should be able to uninstall in the first place!!!!

Just my .02

Reaction score
You will have to root to remove system apps like amazon mp3.

Also, stop killing these apps. They just restart afterwards, using more battery power and cpu time than just letting them sit idle. They don't hurt anything by sitting idle anyways.

If you really hate looking at them, you'll have to root to uninstall them.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jarby

Reaction score
oh yeah...I forgot about the whole restart :icon_eek: and wasting battery. I've had that discussion plenty.

I wouldn't even know where to start to root my phone. And I'm afraid of bricking it too.

So, I guess it will just sit there quietly while I give it the stink eye the whole time.

Reaction score
HOW in the hell do you uninstall this app. It wont let you click it to uninstall. I really hate this app anyways bc its never right

I can't even figure out what the hell it's supposed to do! LOL

You're kidding, right? It's brilliant!

You open it, snap a pic of a building, or package with an obvious logo.
The program analyzes it and for the movie theater near where I work.
It told me it was an imax and shrek was playing and it had a link to buy a ticket!
Sweet.

If you take a picture of a product package you get a prices and locations that are near your current location so you can go out and buy it.
If the logo is too small or too busy it doesn't work very well.
One of the best uses is snap a restaurant and you get it's phone number, a review of the place and sometimes a menu.

mtgeorge

Reaction score
easiest way while rooted is with free version of titanium backup. Just click on any software (Corp Cal, Email, Facebook, Whatever), then click uninstall. Easy.

Worked like a charm! Thanks!