Uninstall Froyo?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by bigbenjamin1124, Jun 15, 2010.

1. bigbenjamin1124

bigbenjamin1124 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there a video or an easy guide to remove/uninstall froyo? I watched a youtube video to install it, but i am just having a hard time with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated...thanks

2. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Are you going back to stock? Did you make a backup before installing Froyo? You can install any 2.1 rom the same way you did 2.2.

3. deepbassex

deepbassex New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to get my phone completely stock again. I want to be able to receive OTA updates again. I have Froyo and installed Clockwork Mod via Rom Manager. Like an idiot, I didn't make a backup. I fully acknowledge the fact that I am an idiot for not doing this.

Is it possible to get Froyo and ClockWork Mod off my Droid (The original Droid... not Incredible or Eris)?

4. tiggerxplur

tiggerxplur Member

Ratings:
    +1
    use rom manager and install a stock rom 2.0.1 if you dont want root and 2.1 if you do

5. Asterisk

Asterisk Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The only way I know of going back to full stock is by having a backup of before you installed any rom. There might be other ways but that is the only one that I know of.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Link 3 in my sig gets you back to stock. I don't know if RM's method removes rom manager and puts the stock recovery tool back into place. Using RSD Lite to flash the stock sbf file for 2.01 will remove everything and make the phone as it was from the factory. You can then take the OTA to 2.1 and await the official 2.2 OTA release.

If you rooted and got Froyo you should already have gotten RSD Lite to work, so this will be a piece of cake. If you'd like use ASTRO to back up your install apps to the card, then use Astro to reinstall them all once you are back on stock. You'll lose data associated with them but won't have to go and grab them all again. Most should auto download anyways, but not all of them seem to do this automatically for me.

7. deepbassex

deepbassex New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Success! I downloaded the stock 2.1 OS and used RSD to load it on to my phone. The phone is COMPLETELY stock again including original ROM!

I had my fun with Froyo but I would like to wait for the official release. I hope they include the live wallpapers! I miss that already!

8. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Congrats...gotta love it when things work out.

Is it a particular live wallpaper you are looking for? 2.1 includes Live Wallpapers already. Long press your home-screen or use the menu-key to get to the live-wallpaper settings.

As for the other features at least you got a teaser of what's to come, it shouldn't be long.

9. mrvang

mrvang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Help

Where and how did you get the stock 2.1 version. I am having the same horrible issues as you did.

Search tags for this page
como desinstalar froyo 2.2
como quitar froyo 2.2
how to remove froyo 2.2
how to remove froyo rom
how to remove froyo update

how to uninstall froyo

how to uninstall froyo 2.2
removing froyo update from droid incredible

uninstall froyo

uninstall froyo 2.2