Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Check out the link I posted in post #9, think that's the right post. The one that has the link to the clockwork mod guide. It will tell you about the file in /system that needs to be deleted.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

whopua

Reaction score
Thanks! Do I need root explorer to reach /system? I ask because I can't seem to find it using Astro.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

bryantjopplin

Reaction score
Jrummy makes a root explorer that works pretty good for less
But I use root explorer

Sent From My Sexy Nexy

bouncierz

Reaction score
com.android phone force close problem resolved!

Ok this is NOT good. I rooted my new Galaxy Nexus and everything was fine. I then installed Titanium Backup and ran a batch restore from my old phone (a Droid X). After the restore was complete, I verified that the restored apps were in fact in my app drawer, then rebooted my phone. It boots up normally, but as soon as gets to the home screen, I get a dialog box that says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." It has two buttons--"Report" and "Ok"--but the instant I hit either one of them, the same dialog box reappears, and I can't tap on anything else. I have rebooted multiple times and the same thing occurs every time. If anyone has ANY idea what is happening, I would be much obliged...

Fingers crossed for all of you with this problem- I have Samsung Epic 4G. I had been getting calls from restricted and/or unavailable numbers. This really ticked me off. I created a reject message to let them know. My phone freaked and I thought the entire card had been stripped.

After hours of searching, I found this solution: I had 6 reject messages on my phone. Apparently the limit is 5. Go to call settings in "settings" and tap on "reject message." If you have more than 5, delete the least used, or all of them, or..., whatever to bring total under 5.

That's it, your phone will now allow calls through and you can answer them.

skruid

Reaction score
Try wiping from stock recovery, used to work on my Droid 2 global or use wugs root unlock tool, u can flash the phone back to stock with that, from boot loader and start over I believe

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

MikeJeep

Reaction score
Just got the same error on my wife's phone. I tried the "clear cache" first but didn't work.

We would do a factory restore, but is there a way to save the contact first? I can access the phone through a PC and backed up all her pix, music, etc. but couldn't find anything on contact.

Funny thing is we can call or text her phone, and the error quits popping up but you still can't access anything on the screen.