"unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped"

GoHuskies

Reaction score
Ok this is NOT good. I rooted my new Galaxy Nexus and everything was fine. I then installed Titanium Backup and ran a batch restore from my old phone (a Droid X). After the restore was complete, I verified that the restored apps were in fact in my app drawer, then rebooted my phone. It boots up normally, but as soon as gets to the home screen, I get a dialog box that says "Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped." It has two buttons--"Report" and "Ok"--but the instant I hit either one of them, the same dialog box reappears, and I can't tap on anything else. I have rebooted multiple times and the same thing occurs every time. If anyone has ANY idea what is happening, I would be much obliged...

OP
G

GoHuskies

Reaction score
I'm thinking the batch restore did it. I would wipe & reflash the rom.

Thanks CJM. However since I can't get into any menus, the phone is effectively bricked. How do I wipe and reflash? I should mention (in case it's not obvious) that I'm pretty new to this whole rooting, flashing, etc. business. I think I ventured out of my pay grade this time.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
adb reboot recovery and just do a date wipe and you will be fine.DancingNexus

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
or terminal emulator

su

#reboot recovery

OP
G

GoHuskies

Reaction score
^^that. You should still be able to get to the bootloader so there's always ADB.

I don't have CWM recovery. It was on my to-do list. Unfortunately I'm an idiot, so any chance you can link to an idiot-proof set of instructions for reflashing from the bootloader?

OP
G

GoHuskies

Reaction score
[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)
[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery *CDMA Edition* (Final Version)
Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus

Don't forget to remove the file in /system when you're up and running

When I boot into recovery, it goes to the Android guy on his back with his chest cover opened up and a red triangle with an exclamation point. Then after a minute it goes to my home screen and I get the error message loop again.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Its doing that because that file is still in /system. There is a way you can do it all through ADB. But unfortunately I'm not around my computer to find the way for you. And since ADB is still new to me, I can't remember the commands off the top of my head. Hopefully someone will come along and help. If not, I try to find them in the morning. But don't worry, there is a way to fix your problems.

OP
G

GoHuskies

Reaction score
Or you could try this
Droid is now listed on Verizon's Website
[How To] Return your Galaxy Nexus to 100% Stock, Locked Bootloader

Thanks much CJM. I had come across that same thread and tried to follow the instructions. I didn't have sdk, but I downloaded it in an effort to use that method... however in trying to install sdk I realized that I was just way out of my league. I will hang tight and hope someone comes up with a solution, and try not to hyperventilate.

EAK

Reaction score
Try doing this; FIX: After unlocking the bootloader or locking it, you need to pres volume down until you reach recovery, then you press power button. After that a red triangle will pop up and you will need to press Vol+/Vol-/Power at the same time, you will now see a menu, select factory data reset and proceed, reboot. Congrats!

Got it from here; The "I NEED HALP" Thread, get your fixes. - RootzWiki

OP
G

GoHuskies

Reaction score
Try doing this; FIX: After unlocking the bootloader or locking it, you need to pres volume down until you reach recovery, then you press power button. After that a red triangle will pop up and you will need to press Vol+/Vol-/Power at the same time, you will now see a menu, select factory data reset and proceed, reboot. Congrats!

I get no menu. When I push vol+/vol-/power, nothing happens...