"unfortunately, live wallpaper picker has stopped" huh??

HazelHeartsease

Reaction score
I'm a total newb, but thought I'd figured out how to get live wallpapers, so I downloaded some. Now, when I try to change my lwp, I get this "unfortunately, live wallpaper picker has stopped." I'm at a loss. The list comes up for a second, and I've tried to pick something else out quickly, but this msg always pops up too quickly. HELP, please!!!

-- HH :angry:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
try clearing the cache of the app. You can go to settings -- apps -- all apps --LWP and clear the cache.

OP
H

HazelHeartsease

Reaction score
I'm not sure where settings is on my phone, and I never have found "menu".... and I don't know what a cache is! If you can still help, I'd really appreciate it!!

OP
H

HazelHeartsease

Reaction score
ok, I actually found all that, but the option to clear cache is muted..... only option is to force stop... any ideas??

Delirious17

Reaction score
I am having the same issues with Galaxy Note 2 4.3 w/root on Sprint...any ideas? :(

Crested1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S4 SCH-I545
I am having the same issues with Galaxy Note 2 4.3 w/root on Sprint...any ideas? :(
Same problem! My S4 is rooted now. There is no obvious way to determine why it crashes. It's not the # of lwp or size. If I load new lwp I have to delete some (no specific number) to get the picker working again. I've deleted all the lwp and added the same back one at a time with again no one lwp triggering the problem. I've tried force stop the picker & deleted the cashe and the data but that didn't fix the problem. I've done all of the above & rebooted the phone as well to no avail!
Since it's rooted now can I delete the current lwp picker & install another android one that does not have this problem? I've been trying to fix this since I got the phone! My S2 lwp picker never had this issue! I even called Verizon which was a total waste of time! Any help anyone can give would really be wonderful! If you need more info just ask I'll do what I can to get it to you! At this point it's a personal vendetta to me!

DATLC94

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I've had the same problem for a while, what I did was went into my files, search and type in .apk, after all of them in the phone loaded I looked for live wallpaper picker and reinstalled it, now everything is working. If you can't find it the way I found it I was using ES Explorer off of Google Play

Techitout

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 5
Twitter
@TechIt0ut
I have posted a video of the fix for this on my Youtube channel.