"Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped." Yes, how unfortunate.

SMGriffin

Reaction score
Yes, I'll admit, I'm a Facebook junkie.

So now that that is out in the open, why won't my app work all of a sudden??? My phone updated to ice cream sandwich a couple weeks ago and it's been fine. Then, all of a sudden, my Facebook app won't open. I get the wonderfully annoying pop up that says, "Unfortunately, Facebook has stopped." Well, no sh** Sherlock!? I tried uninstalling it and re-installing it. Nope, still same annoying-ness. :angry:

I know I can go to Facebook using the browser, but I can't post pictures to Facebook either, when I try, I get that God-forsaken error message!!!! GRRRRR. I have a nice phone, why isn't it working properly? Well, the app anyway. What's the deal? Anyone know????? How do I fix it?? I'm kinda in withdrawal. Haha...not really, but it'd be nice to share pics of the kiddos with far away family and friends without problems. Please help!

TatDroid

Reaction score
The stock FB app had so many issues with me that I gave up on it many months ago. I've been using Friendcaster (free at Play Store) and have been very happy with it.

OP
S

SMGriffin

Reaction score
Thanks people! I'm still irritated at my stupid app, but I'll take a look at these things. I've had the phone for over a year and the FB app has been A-Okay. Not sure why it's acting up all of a sudden. :disappointed:

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm trying out Fast For Facebook and I do like it. I'm going to try Friendcaster.

The regular Facebook app was ok for me on GB, but on ICS it almost always gave me an error, to which I'd press "Wait" and it would come up.

OP
S

SMGriffin

Reaction score
Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy....now neither one of those apps is working either. :angry: I get the same stupid error message. Is there something wrong with my phone?!?!?!?!?!

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since all three apps aren't working, there must be a setting that's off. Maybe something with FB itself.

I'm got Friendcaster, Fast For Facebook and the Facebook app on my phone and all three work.

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Did you try clearing the cache and data for the app under manage apps.
This clears up alot of those issues after the update.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also boot into Recovery and clear the cashe.

OP
S

SMGriffin

Reaction score
Did you try clearing the cache and data for the app under manage apps.
This clears up alot of those issues after the update.

Well, it cleared up by itself the first time, but it happened AGAIN and ^THIS^ solved the problem!!! THANK YOU!!!! dancedroid

Raw Dodge

Reaction score
I've resorted to using a shortcut on my home page thru the browser, and or friend caster. The Facebook app is horrible, in addition to being a huge, constantly running resource hog. It really slows down the phone, especially older devices with limited ram, my DROID x and x2 were really affected by it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

bionic207

Reaction score
Howe do i get to manage apps. Been looking for too long and getting mad cause i can't find it

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Howe do i get to manage apps. Been looking for too long and getting mad cause i can't find it

While on the home screen touch the menu button and select manage apps.